• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much trouble could it be to mail something that fits in a flat rate box?

I've seen 50-60 lbs of lead shipped in FRBs. If it fits, it ships!

Damn straight. I line the inside seams of the flat rate box with duct tape and load those suckers up.

Also helps to have a good ol' boy postman from Elberton. Print out my own labels and postage, leave in the mailbox with the flag up. I don't even have to put my sandals on to go to the post office.

That said, I've shipped dozens of long guns through the main PO in Athens, and never had a question asked.

Like a lot of endeavors, in pays to at least act like you know what you are doing.

Had to ship a gun through Decatur PO once and we had a little issue. You need to know the section in the DMM, and be bold enough to insist on a supervisor. No matter how pissy the clerk, he (or she) has to follow USPS protocol.

Seller can do what they like but I'll never understand why you'd cut out a huge market right off the bat. It's like people that exclaim in GunBroker ads, "No sales to Kalifornia!" (Imagine best hick voice here) What a maroon. If it's legal (the article) to sell in California, why the hell would you chop off 30 million customers straight away? You think you're punishing them? LOL.

Seller can do what they like
YES! Exactly!

but I'll never understand why you'd cut out a huge market right off the bat. It's like people that exclaim in GunBroker ads, "No sales to Kalifornia!" (Imagine best hick voice here) What a maroon. If it's legal (the article) to sell in California, why the hell would you chop off 30 million customers straight away? You think you're punishing them? LOL.

I don't know the laws involved with shipping guns to California, but some sellers probably see things like this and just decide to err on the side of caution.

Attachments

• IMG_20170811_111854217.jpg
    IMG_20170811_111854217.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 16
YES! Exactly! I don't know the laws involved with shipping guns to California, but some sellers probably see things like this and just decide to err on the side of caution.

I've sold guns to buyers in California. You can use the online resources to see what is legal and what is not, which CALDOJ approved receiving FFLs are current, contact them if you have a question. I've never understood the folks that cut out 30+ million customers just because they live in a communist paradise.

So, a small flat rate box is about 8" x 6" x 1.5 inches.
It therefore has a volume of about 72 cubic inches.
That's the right size and shape to hold a couple of rectangular steel shooting targets.

If you put two or three of those steel plates to perfectly fill that USPS flat rate box, how much would that weigh?

Steel is generally regarded as having a density of about O.3 pounds per cubic inch.

So that would be over 21 pounds of steel, shipped for a flat rate of six bux.

That's a steel of a deal! ;)

Back
Top Bottom