• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much will I save???

If you want to be fair about this, talking about bulk ammo prices vs no bulk supplies. Then there may not be much savings DEPENDING on the Caliber. 9mm is Fairly cheap ammo but I can still load 9mm cheaper than your Stated Bulk Price. Buy your supplies in bulk like your trying to compair. Current Prices paid for Supplies : primers $120/5000, Titegroup Powder 8lbs/$142, Plated 9mm Bullets $85/1000 or less. That works out to $6.03 per 50 or $120.65 per 1000. Can get it even lower if I get bigger bulk packages. Sometimes a buddy or 2 throw in and you can get even better pricing. Man you guys really need to shop your supplies, or your stuff is way up there in prices compared to N.Fl and SE. Ga prices. My Equipment I've got very little Money tied up in it. Traded for some and bought some used, inherited a bit. You don't have to buy a Cadillac to drive across the street. Even New equipment is reasonible if you don't over buy.

Please share the best places to get supplies. I'm sure Sportsman's warehouse isn't the best, but I know I can get what I need. Heck I was just happy finding the Berry FMJ bullets for under 80/1000 including tax here locally becuase Calhoun isn't the reloading capitol for sure.

If you shop for the best price on the supplies you can actually pay yourself back over time. I guess if you look at in the sense of what you would pay for the ammo retail. Not to mention you know exactly what you getting. Reloading is relaxing for me so there is some more money you could potentially save in therapy....

I've never reloaded before and am curious how much I can expect to save on average. If I am buying a box of 9mm FMJ now for between $10.00 - $11.00 / box (50), how much can I expect to shave off that if I reload? I realize there are other benefits as well, but right now I am interested in it purely from a cost perspective. Thanks.

Shop around online. Powder Valley has those same 1000 9mm for $62.70 plus shipping. They have about the best prices on Berry's that I've seen. Powders and primers are a little more difficult online due to hazmat but you can still find deals. Graf & Sons has Tula small pistol primers that you could get for roughly $28 per 1000 shipped if you but 5000. If you add some powder to the order ( since you're already paying hazmat) you could sweeten the deal even more.
http://www.powdervalleyinc.com
http://www.grafs.com

Back
Top Bottom