• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much would it cost to swap the drivetrain from a 7.3L into a V10 excursion? Rust, damn rust

I'm thinking do my bubba fix and spray it then drive it until the wheels fall off. Just wanted to see if I was crazy with the body swap idea

Not worth swapping the body. If there is that much rust on the body there will be other issues as well. Just prevent it from rusting further and see what happens. I doubt the body will be the first thing to fail once you stop the rust. How did it get so rusty in the first place? Is it from up north?

Not worth swapping the body. If there is that much rust on the body there will be other issues as well. Just prevent it from rusting further and see what happens. I doubt the body will be the first thing to fail once you stop the rust. How did it get so rusty in the first place? Is it from up north?
must have been from up north

Probably best to just find a clean 7.3 Excursion and buy it (yes I know they are hard to find in great shape) then sell what you have now.

As others have said. You are just getting yourself into a money pit thinking about doing a body swap. For what you would end up in the swap, I bet you could have just bought a clean 7.3 with a lot less headache.

Back
Top Bottom