• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much would you pay for private training with....

What would it be worth to privately train with the best for a day?

• 200-300

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 300-500

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 500-700

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 700 or more

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Tacos, aka hoard LNIB guns instead of paying for training

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Glockadopoulos

Default rank <3500 posts
Yeah, Mean Talk!
85   0
Reaction score
___________ insert the shooting expert you respect most here. Eight hours, burning through 1000 rounds of ammo. I'm thinking eight hours of private, indiviualized instruction would likely be more useful than several days with a big group. So what would that kinda training be worth, if it could be with the most competent instructor imaginable? How much would the amount of knowledge you'd gain go for in today's market of firearms instruction?

$0 because you're not going to learn to shoot in 8 hours or 1000 rounds. I have the opportunity to shoot with 3 world class IDPA shooters each that are willing to help me, but I'm not willing to put in the time it takes to be really good. It's not that I can't, but that I have other priorities that are more important to me. Shooting well comes from thousands of rounds per year AND being willing to work on what you could do better.

First thing any new or seasoned shooter need to accept, is the fact that it take 3k to 5k to develop psycho motor skills between the brain and the hand reaction..To train both to function as trained..

Yes but you dont have to shoot 5,000 Rounds to get great tips/feedback from a GREAT instructor. Thats your job AFTER you take lessons from them. To take the tools/tips and apply them to your practice regiment. Hell, I would love to have the chance to train with the guys I named above. They can only teach or show you so much. After that its up to me.

$0 because you're not going to learn to shoot in 8 hours or 1000 rounds. I have the opportunity to shoot with 3 world class IDPA shooters each that are willing to help me, but I'm not willing to put in the time it takes to be really good. It's not that I can't, but that I have other priorities that are more important to me. Shooting well comes from thousands of rounds per year AND being willing to work on what you could do better.
This is 100% correct.

Training with an instructor is just giving you the baselines and things you need to bring into your focus. A 1 or 2 day class isn't going to move the needle on your abilities much.

The real advancement comes from taking what you learn in the class and continuing to pound that into your skills set... month after month... round after round.

With that said... for one on one training... with a world class instructor... I don't think you'd get one to roll out of bed for less than $1000/day.

I've shot a good bit this summer, over 2 gallons of once fired 9mm. I'm getting better, but really like the idea of having a top-notch expert help optimize my grip, stance etc. If I put in 50k rounds and develop even a slightly bad habit with form, it could take a lot more shooting to undo said habit.

My thinking is that one personalized day could be more productive than 3 days of group drills.

I'm definitely well aware of the practice effort required to get good, and of course the self-diagnosis needed to continually improve.

Join the military. They'll pay you! Pick a Good MOS and you'll train train train train and THEN you get to go utilize all that training in real world scenarios on the two way range, and fine tune it and figure out what's garbage, good, and best!

1 on 1 specific training could be valuable. I would like to do some long range training some day but have no interest in room clearing or squad level training. I'd pay 3-500 for a one dayer.

Back
Top Bottom