• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much would you pay for private training with....

What would it be worth to privately train with the best for a day?

• 200-300

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 300-500

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 500-700

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 700 or more

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Tacos, aka hoard LNIB guns instead of paying for training

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
1 on 1 specific training could be valuable. I would like to do some long range training some day but have no interest in room clearing or squad level training. I'd pay 3-500 for a one dayer.
Come on! You know you wanna train room clearing squad level some more :becky:

1st hour of training - physical fitness
2nd hour of training - school room
3rd hour of training - glass house dry runs
4th hour of training - shoot house dry runs
5th hour of training - shoot house blanks
6th hour of training - shoot house live fire
7th hour of training - after action reviews
8th hour of training - weapons maintenance
9th hour - go home! :hungry:

Rinse and repeat

It's a relative question. "Instructors" fall in multiple categories for most people. JUST HANDGUNS, for instance, you may want to be a more accurate shooter. You may want to be a competitive shooter, more shots on target in quickest time possible, etc, etc. You may want to learn to be more tactical/defensive in your shooting, for instance you may want to learn to shoot on the move, or shoot/defense from a motor vehicle, low light/no light scenario, physically impaired shooting/reloading, weak eye vs strong eye shooting, etc, etc. You may not give a squat about either one. Heck you may want to do both, but finding an instructor that specializes in both will be much more difficult and expensive and dang near impossible in 8 hours. I've gone through an 8 hour handgun course and an 8 hour long range precision course at Gunsite, following the Col. Cooper doctrine and feel like I've just scraped the tip of the iceberg on both. While I feel I'm proficient with both, that's it though, just proficient, not thoroughly skilled. So it varies, but to answer the question I'd say $300-$500 a day (not counting ammo).

Hell, I'm already an Operator,
untitled.png

$0 because you're not going to learn to shoot in 8 hours or 1000 rounds. I have the opportunity to shoot with 3 world class IDPA shooters each that are willing to help me, but I'm not willing to put in the time it takes to be really good. It's not that I can't, but that I have other priorities that are more important to me. Shooting well comes from thousands of rounds per year AND being willing to work on what you could do better.
I definitely understand 'having other priorities', as I have work, etc., that overwhelms my life at times. All that aside, paying for a private session, or a group session for me, is too find that nugget of gold to take home and spend the 1000's of dry and live fire perfecting. A training session for me is to learn what I'm doing wrong, and make it better, then to learn something new if possible. I wish I had the time and money, if so, I would pay to train a couple times a month.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

___________ insert the shooting expert you respect most here. Eight hours, burning through 1000 rounds of ammo. I'm thinking eight hours of private, indiviualized instruction would likely be more useful than several days with a big group. So what would that kinda training be worth, if it could be with the most competent instructor imaginable? How much would the amount of knowledge you'd gain go for in today's market of firearms instruction?

Most of the big names in action shooting are in the $1500/day one on one. Group setting will be 400-600 for a reasonable size.

I have done the one on one session with a big name and it is money well spent.

Back
Top Bottom