• No

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yes - $200 for a gun

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Yes - $100 for a gun

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yes - $50 for a gun

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes - But not for a gun and I'd expect to be charged for it based on area treated (and severity).

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
It will be a minute or two before us regular shmos will get one…..it says they are half a mil ? :shocked:
There are less expensive versions. But yes, it's a 'sizable' investment. Trying to figure out if it's a viable business.
Where I believe they are used with great success and has really paid off for both sides of the equation is on oil rigs in the gulf. But I have no desire to go hang off the side of a rig. ;)

1,000 watt unit is half a million.

Take that old Griswoldville revolver and get the rust off then slap on some OxphoBlue.
That's an old video (like everything electronic price has come down) and you don't need 1,000 wait unit.
They are still several thousand dollars but not 6 figures. OK, 5 figures but still......

Just answer the question! :p

It'll directly relate to the value of the item that is rusty. There is no accurate answer to this poll.
So you'd expect to pay more for a $2,000 revolver than a $200 revolver? Even if you brought the $200 dollar gun in first and came back weeks later with the $2,000 gun and I said, "Well, this one is going to cost you 10 times more, even though I'm going to do exactly the same thing.".

Not arguing with you, or disagreeing, just trying to determine how most would view it.

This is a pipeline companys dream come true. We have alot of above ground piping that has to be painted every 4 or 5 years. By the time you tape up things that doesn't need to be sandblasting or painted, collecting all the sand and having it tested then shipping it off ($400- $500) per barrel this would be less expensive in the long run.

So you'd expect to pay more for a $2,000 revolver than a $200 revolver? Even if you brought the $200 dollar gun in first and came back weeks later with the $2,000 gun and I said, "Well, this one is going to cost you 10 times more, even though I'm going to do exactly the same thing.".

Not arguing with you, or disagreeing, just trying to determine how most would view it.
The question was what is it (the service) worth to the consumer. That is dependent not on what it takes to make the process happen, but the level of worth the owner of the object places on restoring the object. I'd absolutely charge more to work on a first gen Colt SAA than a Hi-Point. There's more risk for you, and more reward for the customer. Assuming you'd want to **** up a first gen SAA ;)

Back
Top Bottom