• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How not to do deals here on ODT.....a story of one such adventure...

Will it need to be witnessed and notarized?

No, it does not have to be witnessed and notarized, but it does, as Hayata stated, have to have a day/date, time and location of meeting. The "rules" specifically state what has to be agreed to by both parties. Guess reading the rules is out of the question for some.

A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:

• Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.

Here is my follow up to this thread.

I contemplated long and hard whether to leave negative feedback or not for the individual in question. I even sent a final PM to him on Wednesday morning, giving him 72 hours to respond......turns out they could not muster the courage to communicate. And if the "Ignore" button works as I think it does, they have been blocked for me.

I will not say who that forum member is. But anyone who has been here a while can easily sleuth it out.

This was the first, and hopefully last negative feedback left in over 200 plus positive transactions through ODT.

In closing I want to THANK the vast majority of members here. You are a bunch of good folks....

Regards,

Rob

I recently made a deal here to purchase a pistol. Price and day was agreed we upon by both the seller and me. The day comes to do the deal and he doesn’t respond to my emails. He later PMs me to tell me he already sold the pistol (for more money). I didn’t leave feedback but I should have.
Gotta bid higher and higher around here now.

On the converse. I did a deal yesterday that took about 90 min start to finish ! Got a PM the young man took it. So happened I was going within 1/2 mile of his work Dropped it off. Chatted a bit. Done deal ! Typical deal? No way ! Easy one ? Oh yes !

When I deal with a straight shooter (99% of the time) I've never had an issue here. When I've tried to deal with a weasel, schnorrer or plain old Georgia neckbeard, I rarely get to the 'details' part of closing a deal as they are generally looking for something for nothing. If I could make a neckbeard detector I'd sail thousands of them here.

When I deal with a straight shooter (99% of the time) I've never had an issue here. When I've tried to deal with a weasel, schnorrer or plain old Georgia neckbeard, I rarely get to the 'details' part of closing a deal as they are generally looking for something for nothing. If I could make a neckbeard detector I'd sail thousands of them here.

and for some reason it is always easier for those people to text rather than do the deal in pm...

I don't mind the texting. BUT ! I ask that anything confirmed in text be put into an acceptance in PM . Meet details etc. it's always worked for me and I'll still do it. I know everyone has their preferences and I respect that ! I've only done about 50 so I consider myself a rookie. I guess I need to start flipping stuff to build my cred up ! It still comes down to what you're comfortable doing and what your guidelines are .

So far, I've been extremely lucky here, only great guys. It did occur to me though, you could have given this guy a negative feedback and reposted your rifle for way less effort. Just a thought. Cheap guns usually move easily.

Back
Top Bottom