• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How not to do deals here on ODT.....a story of one such adventure...

Probably. But perhaps he was giving the guy a chance publicly to make amends. I believe he said the offending person had blocked him on ignore. Guy had his chance to make it right . More than I would have given. Gets his well deserved neg ! It's about principle and being a man of your word !

So far, I've been extremely lucky here, only great guys. It did occur to me though, you could have given this guy a negative feedback and reposted your rifle for way less effort. Just a thought. Cheap guns usually move easily.

From what I just read, he's been a standup member trying to give the guy multiple chances to not ruin a previously all positive trader record but ended up following through. If I'm on the other side of that deal I know I'd appreciate that kind of sincere effort.

and for some reason it is always easier for those people to text rather than do the deal in pm...

I text sometimes because I'm away from my computer and I can't get PMs on my phone. But I confirm in a PM before I hit the road and make sure I get an acknowledgement.

When I deal with a straight shooter (99% of the time) I've never had an issue here. When I've tried to deal with a weasel, schnorrer or plain old Georgia neckbeard, I rarely get to the 'details' part of closing a deal as they are generally looking for something for nothing. If I could make a neckbeard detector I'd sail thousands of them here.
Neckbeards RULE! Ill text ya later :rolleyes:

Probably. But perhaps he was giving the guy a chance publicly to make amends. I believe he said the offending person had blocked him on ignore. Guy had his chance to make it right . More than I would have given. Gets his well deserved neg ! It's about principle and being a man of your word !

When you use the Ignore feature, it just blocks you from seeing their post on the forum. PMs will still continue as before.

I think the Mod's global Ignore keeps each person from seeing the others post, not sure if it blocks PMs or not.
I have one person that's on Global Ignore. I may try and reach out.:wacko:

The only reason I use the Ignore feature is because I have no other option on the ODT to keep up with the asshats that I'm not going to deal with.:shocked:

I guess I've been lucky. I don't have anyone on ignore .

shoot this place wouldn't be half the fun if you ignored the people who deserve to be ignored.

Too bad as part of your profile, a counter can't be placed there showing how many people are ignoring you. No names, just a count.

Back
Top Bottom