• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How the **** do you mail a suppressor????

Doesn't specify suppressor, but here's what the ATF said to a similar question. Note that a handgun cannot be shipped via USPS.

upload_2018-3-14_13-23-18.png

are you 100% positive it was United States Postal Service? The 2nd person at AAC I talked to today said the same thing that I should only use UPS or FedEx and all the other forums out there are confirming this. I'm not questioning or arguing with you, I just wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble over this if it's true.

Sig and Walther told me to use FedEx only, USPS was a definite "no" and sounded like UPS was in limbo depending on who is in the store that day but I could use them if I wanted to

are you 100% positive it was United States Postal Service? The 2nd person at AAC I talked to today said the same thing that I should only use UPS or FedEx and all the other forums out there are confirming this. I'm not questioning or arguing with you, I just wouldn't want anyone to get into trouble over this if it's true.

Honestly its not worth it in my eyes to try out USPS. I'd pay it myself just to have piece of mind.

I've dealt with AAC on a couple of occassions and never had an issue with them. The one guy I use to communicate with before their acquisition was really nice.

I shipped several firearms out of Valdosta a few years back. You had to take them to the local UPS distribution center. The folks there didn’t bat an eye. You could not get the local counter stores to even consider it. One was a rifle...I suppose I could have said “golf clubs.”

Shipped! **** UPS, dropped it off at FedEx with zero hassle and they even had AAC in their "ship to" database.

Did they make you take it to a hub? Yes a suppressor is considered a firearm, and you have to ship UPS or FedEx, and they generally make you take them to a hub. And as much of a pain as it is, you want to do it that way and get insurance in case it gets stolen - cough - I mean lost :rolleyes:...

Back
Top Bottom