• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How the **** do you mail a suppressor????

Try making a claim of that insurance.
Its not so much that id need to make a claim, but in my experience when a package is lost with a lot of insurance on it, they make effort to find it. They lost a shipment at my previous job. They were a pain to deal with and didnt seem interested in finding it until we told them the crate was worth $50,000 and insured as such. They found it in a few hours

You can ship long guns USPS no problem.

See post #34. That was a screen shot from USPS's website. Are you sure you can? I really don't know, but they way I read it you can't; not with USPS.

I was able to ship it off with FedEx though with no problems. I'll probably just stick with them to be on the safe side since I know I can ship with them.

See post #34. That was a screen shot from USPS's website. Are you sure you can? I really don't know, but they way I read it you can't; not with USPS.

I was able to ship it off with FedEx though with no problems. I'll probably just stick with them to be on the safe side since I know I can ship with them.
That's just a definition of what they consider a firearm. If you read that link it clearly states that rifles and shotguns are mailable. Had to go to an FFL if out of state but non-licensed residents of the same state can ship long guns USPS no problem.

That's just a definition of what they consider a firearm. If you read that link it clearly states that rifles and shotguns are mailable. Had to go to an FFL if out of state but non-licensed residents of the same state can ship long guns USPS no problem.

Yes indeedy do.

What you quoted are amendments to parts of the Domestic Mail Manual.

The DMM is the Holy Bible for the USPS, and it clearly says that a citizen can mail a long gun to another citizen. If there is any question at a USPS facility, have them pull out their copy and it is indexed in the back.

I'm not sure about the suppressor, checking into that.

Yes indeedy do.

What you quoted are amendments to parts of the Domestic Mail Manual.

The DMM is the Holy Bible for the USPS, and it clearly says that a citizen can mail a long gun to another citizen. If there is any question at a USPS facility, have them pull out their copy and it is indexed in the back.

I'm not sure about the suppressor, checking into that.

Thanks. Not that it matters now since I've already shipped, but it would be nice to know for future reference, although I'd probably stick with FedEx anyway. The only place I was able to find "silencer" was under the definitions, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom