• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to Bury Guns n Ammo!

Does anybody have any real-word experience digging up buried metal stuff-- guns, tools, etc?
Things that can rust and corrode?
How about just as an experiment?
Who wants to bury some blued-steel flat wrenches and lawnmower blades and chainsaw chains in the fall of 2020 and then dig them up in the fall of 2023 and see how it went?

Does anybody have any real-word experience digging up buried metal stuff-- guns, tools, etc?
Things that can rust and corrode?
How about just as an experiment?
Who wants to bury some blued-steel flat wrenches and lawnmower blades and chainsaw chains in the fall of 2020 and then dig them up in the fall of 2023 and see how it went?

YouTube search. People do it all the time. Some guided one for 5 years and had no issues.

I still don’t get why? Why are you burying guns and ammo?

What’s your endgame? You have no problem burying them and hiding them from some threat...then what’s the catalyst that will make them worth digging up again?

Where’s the logic? I’m no badd@$$, and I’m no tough guy but put me in the April 19th, 1775 camp...if someone’s coming to take them they’re gonna need their own guns, not a shovel and a metal detector.

I ain’t burying $@&%!

Is there a remind me feature on ODT?
:::REMIND ME::: 25 years to run a metal detector over Bushwick100 Bushwick100 's property LOL

Thus my long established barbed wire fence - the iron deposits beneath and the proximity of the existing fence make it problematic to say the least

I also salt the fenceline with nails exhaust parts etc

And I also never claimed that I did it all on my property

I still don’t get why? Why are you burying guns and ammo?

What’s your endgame? You have no problem burying them and hiding them from some threat...then what’s the catalyst that will make them worth digging up again?

Where’s the logic? I’m no badd@$$, and I’m no tough guy but put me in the April 19th, 1775 camp...if someone’s coming to take them they’re gonna need their own guns, not a shovel and a metal detector.

I ain’t burying $@&%!

You make an assumption that you’ll always be ready when the time comes and I don’t - I can’t possibly carry all my guns on me - I can’t be at home protecting them while I’m at work - They could show up at my house and clean me out and when I get home I’ll still have guns - it’s very unlikely but I could be home and caught off guard and not in a good position to repel invaders there to confiscate and after they leave it’ll be like it never happened - Well except for I’ll still be heavily armed and very pissed off

I learned something about fighting from my Daddy

“Son always fight on your time not theirs” “walk away if you don’t have the the advantage” “And then reengage when it’s your on your time with your advantage”

Many many times while I was in school I walked away from fights that made me look like a big old ***** only to return shortly there after and stomp the living **** out of someone on my time - It was never a fair fight when it was on my time - The only fights I’ve ever lost or not decisively won in my life I lost because I broke Daddy’s rule

Plus it’s all about redundancy - in my opinion the most important preppers prep - In my humble opinion if you don’t have enough firearms to bury and forget some of them you don’t own enough firearms

I may never need them but my Sun knows where they are and he can pass that information along as he sees fit when I’m gone

Back
Top Bottom