• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to Bury Guns n Ammo!

I buried a box years ago. I knew exactly where it was. Time changes the landscape and memory. No. I can't find it now and I know where it is...I thought!

No problem with burying a resupply. I can only carry and shoot so much at one time. I only have so many people around me that might need tools. Never tried it but if I did I'd go the PVC with screw caps and sealant, dessicant, and plenty of oil route. I'd maybe vaccuum seal the contents and whole package for extra caution if I was burying somewhere with a lot of ground water.

For work I sometimes use pin finders and I can find buried metal pretty deep. From nails to rebar pins. Someone mentioned next to a well established barbwire fence which is a great idea. Anyone looking with a metal detector won't be able to tell the difference between the fence and something buried. Misdirection might work too. Hammer in a rebar pin with a cap so it's closer to the surface than your package. Anyone looking will see pin first and assume that's what set off their equipment then look elsewhere. Or get your property surveyed and have them set plenty of traverse points and bury your stuff under their nails and replace the nails when done.

I am thinking that perhaps some anti-anxiety medication would be in order, rather than worrying about where to bury your weapons and ammo.

If things got to the point where folks had to do that, then it's already too late. It's over. We lost.

I can't imagine going through life, that paranoid...

Well, I’ve seen one SS 1911 that had been at the bottom of a stream for 30 years and actually looked great.

I’ve also seen an AKM that had been smothered with Mobil 1 synthetic grease and survived 4 years sealed in a food saver vacu-bag and then put in a sealed pvc pipe and stuck under ground. It was placed vertically with the top about a foot deep and, yes, there was an old cam placed above it so that the can was about 3” below ground level.

Both of these functioned and fires great after a clean up. iIRC paint thinner or acetone cleaned up the grease.

YMMV

Spray firearm with aerosol synthetic motorcycle chain lube, vacuum seal it in a food saver bag and it will not rust unless the bag is punctured. I put several handguns in an ammo can and hid them in the loft of an old barn on my parents property before I went to college. When I retrieved them 5 years later I discovered the roof had leaked and a hole had rusted thru the ammo can. I left the can on it's side. If I had left it standing up it might not have rusted thru. The can had filled with water and the guns were a total loss. Fortunately the weren't worth much, an RG22, an H&R .32 , and a well. Used S&W Victory model. If they had been vacuum sealed I believe they would have been okay.

I've never thought of burying guns but why not store them in a pelican and then bury that. Might not be the cheapest method but if you want to protect your investment from the elements it seems like a simple solution compared to vacuumed sealed bags and pvc tubes.

Heavily oil the firearm vacuum seal it and put in a container such as an ammo can. If I was a guy who was gonna bury a firearm thats how I'd do it. May not be the best way though :painkiller:

"Honest Lilly, I don't know how that ammo got there..."

munsters.jpg

Just my opinion, but wouldn't it make a lot more sense just to bury those trying to take your guns and ammo?

Why should the ATF, or any other entity seeking to violate the Constitution, expect any treatment other than that which the British tyrants got? Did our Forefathers hide their guns and ammo from the British, or did they grow a set and dare the Redcoats to come get them??

Back
Top Bottom