• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to dispose of a house from the 1850's

200w.gif

You let the cat out of the bag. If you have asbestos shingles you need to get a licensed contractor to mediate the property and properly dispose of the shingles. In the EPA's eyes you own the hazardous waste from cradle to grave. If it is disposed of improperly you are on the hook for the rest of your life. Not worth screwing around with!!!!! Unless of course you want to be sonmeones Bi## in prison,

I have demolished many homes, Always with the help of a demolition contractor. I would call and talk to a few (not in your town) and ask them what they do about the asbestos siding. If I remember correctly I have sometimes been charged a slight up charge but it was really not a big deal.

Contractor trash bags and a roll off. They dont know what's in them and won't even bother to ask or look .
Most folks would just use a dump truck and back up to someone's vacant (and unobserved) lot and dump the load. This makes it YP and not MP. At least that's my observation in the Maconga region of GA.

I have demolished many homes, Always with the help of a demolition contractor. I would call and talk to a few (not in your town) and ask them what they do about the asbestos siding. If I remember correctly I have sometimes been charged a slight up charge but it was really not a big deal.

And there you go. A call about a "hypothetical situation" will often prove its not the cluster feared.

Back
Top Bottom