• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to fish at night?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
sitting here by a campfire a little tore up and looking to catch some fish. Got out on the kayak maybe 1.5 hrs ago but I don’t see great at night and buddy got hung up on some underwater trees. I fished maybe 40 minutes after he got hung in the middle of the little offshoot. He left maybe 30 minutes ago and I have just beeen casting a jig in to weeds near the shorlijen and bombing it way out into the middle of the little offshoot we are camping. I know how to catch em at 6am but don’t really have a clue how to fish at midnight and later. 50# braid and 12lb Flouro on the two casters if it matters. To turnt, as the kids say, to paddle back out at this current juncture. Top waters, chatterbaits, jigs,? Or just some stinky **** on a bobber cause all you’re gonna pull out this time of night is catfish?

Thanks!
Caleb

I'll bet you voted for Hillary. LOLLLLLLLLLL. Ever try top poppers at sundown? Other than that, go to bed and try again in the AM. Enjoy your 4th!

sitting here by a campfire a little tore up and looking to catch some fish. Got out on the kayak maybe 1.5 hrs ago but I don’t see great at night and buddy got hung up on some underwater trees. I fished maybe 40 minutes after he got hung in the middle of the little offshoot. He left maybe 30 minutes ago and I have just beeen casting a jig in to weeds near the shorlijen and bombing it way out into the middle of the little offshoot we are camping. I know how to catch em at 6am but don’t really have a clue how to fish at midnight and later. 50# braid and 12lb Flouro on the two casters if it matters. To turnt, as the kids say, to paddle back out at this current juncture. Top waters, chatterbaits, jigs,? Or just some stinky **** on a bobber cause all you’re gonna pull out this time of night is catfish?

Thanks!
Caleb
The greatest Bass fishing exp I've ever had was at night.... top water frogs, hula poppers and the likes, also had good success on a 10" Red shad Culprit worm on a Texas rig. I'd save the jigs you mentioned for deep water in heavy structure that you can just bounce up and down. And you are correct catfish feed heavy at night, I've never had any luck with panfish at night, but you're fish so that's better than working.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crappie will hit at night if you use a light to attract them. I used an 12 volt automobile headlight (round one) mounted in a slab of styrofoam hooked to a battery. A lantern hung from the side of your boat will work well too.

Back
Top Bottom