• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to fish at night?

Lights or sound is the key at night for most game fish. Catfish are the exception because they hunt by scent.

Ripping top water can get very exciting at night.

If you want some real excitement, throw a Super Spook for Stripers at night. There's no doubt when you've gotten a strike... often accompanied by a near heart attack.

explosion-land-or-water-2.jpg

The greatest Bass fishing exp I've ever had was at night.... top water frogs, hula poppers and the likes, also had good success on a 10" Red shad Culprit worm on a Texas rig. I'd save the jigs you mentioned for deep water in heavy structure that you can just bounce up and down. And you are correct catfish feed heavy at night, I've never had any luck with panfish at night, but you're fish so that's better than working.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dang, it's been a long time since I targeted bass with artificials. But many years ago slowly reeling a Jitterbug on summer nights drew some explosive strikes. Loved the Hula Popper in late evening and early morning, too. There's just something about a top water boil and feeling the rod bow up that's very satisfying :)

Back
Top Bottom