• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to get into shooting competitions?

I am in season TWO of rifle competitions. I get to shoot 4-5 matches a year. My first match I brought : Ammo, Rifle, A mat to lay on and a cooler, that was it. Now I fill up my trunk with gear! I still need a better spotting scope and stand. EVERYONE was extremely helpful. I appreciate all the shooters at Riverbend Gun Club.

Here is me at my first match. LOL. Note the lack of gear. My horrible position...I had no idea how to sit and shoot rapids...

Attachments

• IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 32
I am in season TWO of rifle competitions. I get to shoot 4-5 matches a year. My first match I brought : Ammo, Rifle, A mat to lay on and a cooler, that was it. Now I fill up my trunk with gear! I still need a better spotting scope and stand. EVERYONE was extremely helpful. I appreciate all the shooters at Riverbend Gun Club.

We shoot out at Riverbend for ICORE and USPSA. Phenomenal place and people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The simplest way is to go to a local range and ask what competitions are held there and when.......then just show up. After you get your feet under you at a local range, look into the big ranges like River Bend, Cherokee and South River.
Start slow and buy only the minimum needed, because you will be buying gear and upgrading gear the entire time you shoot.......this is a constant.

We used to joke that if you won a match with a dog turd taped to your barrel, the next match would smell like a bad kennel.

The simplest way is to go to a local range and ask what competitions are held there and when.......then just show up. After you get your feet under you at a local range, look into the big ranges like River Bend, Cherokee and South River.
Start slow and buy only the minimum needed, because you will be buying gear and upgrading gear the entire time you shoot.......this is a constant.

We used to joke that if you won a match with a dog turd taped to your barrel, the next match would smell like a bad kennel.

I'm going to optics. Same thing.

Back
Top Bottom