• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to get into shooting competitions?

I use a $285 Konus Spot 100mm spotting scope and a Vortex optic. Maybe one day if I strike it rich I'll buy a Nightforce.

I just THOUGHT Service Rifle matches were expensive. 3 daughters shooting everything from PRS to steel challenge, and 3 Gun FAR exceeds the expense. Were not for some great people here on ODT, and in the shooting sports, we'd be hard pressed to have participated as we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooting sports are amazing. So many interesting disciplines. I had to look up ICORE. That would be fun to do!!!

Come shoot revo with us! This is the 11 yr old with her 627 Performance Center.
c58724a8cb4274b064b94d9c3e2cb136.jpg

I'm going to optics. Same thing.
Optics? Oh lawd...Nightforce is expensive. Check out those $500 Kronus, Saw one in the Creedmoor pro shop - very sturdy.
I just THOUGHT Service Rifle matches were expensive. 3 daughters shooting everything from PRS to steel challenge, and 3 Gun FAR exceeds the expense. Were not for some great people here on ODT, and in the shooting sports, we'd be hard pressed to have participated as we have.

Service rife can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. Heck you could literally Shoot a Garand in all CMP and NRA highpower - Service rifles matches if you want. You aint gonna win but you will have a blast.

Optics? Oh lawd...Nightforce is expensive. Check out those $500 Kronus, Saw one in the Creedmoor pro shop - very sturdy.

Service rife can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be. Heck you could literally Shoot a Garand in all CMP and NRA highpower - Service rifles matches if you want. You aint gonna win but you will have a blast.

I have shot Garand, A2 Service Rifle, and even an 03-A3. Even with degrading eyes, I still love shooting with irons. Now, I'm just the bag toter, mag loader, driver, and coach (but the pic is from back in the day). Just one of my daughters 3 Gun set up exceeded the expense of all my gear, and gun from CMP/NRA matches. (AR, 2011, and TTI Benelli M2)

76e9e2a5e0cc59aa92c64ad99a2a24a9.png

If you're in Gainesville you are already ahead of the game. Cherokee Gun Club is right there on Candler Rd.(Hwy 60) and we have matches that are open to the public every weekend. Check out our website www.cherokeegunclub.org and see which matches interest you. Rifle, pistol and shotgun. Anything you want.
Is there a multi gun in september ?

Back
Top Bottom