• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to make 300 Black Out Brass

Anyone else think the better method to get 300blk casing is to buy it from a mass producer? I.e east coast arsenal.

I gave up after my first batch of 300. It was a mortifying process for me. 8 hours of cutting, form, and trimming was quite painful.

Good write-up though.

Back in 2011 when I started this thread you could not easily buy 300 Blk brass. Also if you are doing it right you should be able to make 300-500 cases per hour.

I'm in the gathering stage for processing 300bo brass. I just can't decide if I want to go the chop saw route or get the new rt1500 trimmer for my 650.

I have a rt1200 trimmer already, but they say it isn't up to snuff when cutting 223 down to 300. I like the fact that I could possibly do all of my prep on the 650 at one time. I found this awesome swager that attaches to the press too. http://swageit.com/ I also found an aftermarket trim die that will work w/ the dillon trimmer instead of paying $175

Anyone fully process with a dillon trimmer?

rt1200 will work fine IF you trim the brass first.. chop them off and then run um. really doesn't take that long

Cheaper than a new 1500

rt1200 will work fine IF you trim the brass first.. chop them off and then run um. really doesn't take that long

Cheaper than a new 1500

I would sell the 1200 to make up for some of the price of the 1500. Just wasn't sure if anyone had any experience trimming the brass all the way down with one. I'll most likely get the jig and saw anyways.

I trim mine first with the chop saw and then dump them in the case feeder and the final trim on the press with all of the forming dies.

I used to make a lot but as wwboater wwboater said, things are different now. I've bought so much range pick up brass off of here over the last year or so I only use 300BLK head stamped brass now. All those thousands of converted cases are stored in one gallon ziplock bags and boxed up. Might need em one dark day but I hope not.

Back
Top Bottom