• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to move a Gun Safe 200 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... You paid somebody $1,000 to move a $500 safe? Really?

What's that quote again about a fool and his money...?
Not sure where you got the idea that this is a $500 safe. It's a Liberty Franklin 17 gun safe. Even in 1992 when bought new, it cost $1600. It's not a cheap Cannon safe that you get from Walmart.

I hope that includes the also mentioned furniture.
It did include other pieces of furniture.

So here's the label inside the safe. After being on hold for a long time, it seems this is a Liberty "Franklin" 17 gun safe. It weighs like 525 lbs.

525lbs. is not much really when you're talking safes. Get a set of appliance handtrucks , the kind with a strap. You can rent them at the same time you rent the truck. Strap the safe to them and go for it. Just like moving a big ole refrigerator.

So... You paid somebody $1,000 to move a $500 safe? Really?

What's that quote again about a fool and his money...?
And the funny thing is, in the classifieds portion of this great site, there are A LOT of folks that will drive 80+ miles round trip to "save" $7.50 on having an item shipped to them.

Penny wise, pound foolish

And the funny thing is, in the classifieds portion of this great site, there are A LOT of folks that will drive 80+ miles round trip to "save" $7.50 on having an item shipped to them.

Penny wise, pound foolish

I posted an item for $75 shipped, the guy paid me PayPal and drove an hour one way to meet me...:jaw:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom