• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to price a Jon boat

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
my wife inherited all her brothers things including a small Jon boat after he passed away and I'm trying to figure out how to sell it not knowing anything about it except what I can see by visually looking at it. Can someone who knows boats chime in and give me a realistic dollar amount? I don't have a clue when the last time in ran either. Here are a few pics. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_1558.JPG
    IMG_1558.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1559.JPG
    IMG_1559.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1560.JPG
    IMG_1560.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 87
I’d ask 15 and take 12 as is,Craigslist your friend 2-25 if running right before spring.but it can get costly having it fixed and up to par.

Thanks. I'm looking at taking it to a friend who works on marine engines to let him go through it so I will know it runs when we sell it later on.

It's easier to sell one running than one that's not. Buyer never knows how much it's going to take to fix it or if it can even be fixed. If you pay to get it running you need to put it up for sale then. Don't let it set around again without it being ran.

It will be easier to sell if you go ahead and get it registered, especially as it's coming from an estate,

People don't like buying a problem.

Back
Top Bottom