Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
97C4EE4E-C9D5-413F-896E-C23212537013.jpeg
AA9FC545-1671-4D9D-973F-6CFCAE1B0F37.jpeg
79CDE25A-FCE3-4F06-9F96-7A365CD8ABB7.jpeg
97C4EE4E-C9D5-413F-896E-C23212537013.jpeg
i feel like an idiot. First AR pistol and trying to put a shockwave brace on it until I SBR it in the future. But I can’t get the end off to fit the brace. It’s my first pistol so I never messed with these. It’s an LWRC PSD pistol.

You'll likely need a different buffer tube, that one appears to be designed so that you cannot add a brace to it.
That’s what I thought but was hoping someone had a creative idea. I don’t care honestly about this buffer assembly since I’m gonna end up SBRing it in the future anyways. I was hoping I could have winged it with this one in the meantime to avoid spending anymore money on it

View attachment 1555840 View attachment 1555841 View attachment 1555842 View attachment 1555840 i feel like an idiot. First AR pistol and trying to put a shockwave brace on it until I SBR it in the future. But I can’t get the end off to fit the brace. It’s my first pistol so I never messed with these. It’s an LWRC PSD pistol.
The great thing about this place is you should never be afraid to ask. I've been in your position multiple times and I've also been fortunate enough to help people multiple times.

That’s what I thought but was hoping someone had a creative idea. I don’t care honestly about this buffer assembly since I’m gonna end up SBRing it in the future anyways. I was hoping I could have winged it with this one in the meantime to avoid spending anymore money on it
I have a creative idea for you it doesn't mean it's a solution. If the cap is threaded you may be able to run a bolt into it using another bolt as a brace and using your barrel nut wrench and a little Heat give it a whirl I can promise you I would have tried it

The great thing about this place is you should never be afraid to ask. I've been in your position multiple times and I've also been fortunate enough to help people multiple times.
Yeah man I feel you. I used to be apprehensive about asking dumb questions but then I stopped caring as much cause I know there’ll always be critics and people that are helpful.
you tube shows a guide rod in the buffer tube. so, yes it appears you will need something different.
Thanks man I appreciate your time. I kind of knew deep down I’m SOL but thought maybe the guys on here would know better and maybe have another option for me I didn’t think of or know of.
I have a creative idea for you it doesn't mean it's a solution. If the cap is threaded you may be able to run a bolt into it using another bolt as a brace and using your barrel nut wrench and a little Heat give it a whirl I can promise you I would have tried it
I don’t think the cap is threaded. Is seems to be glued/welded on there in some way. Maybe what you’re saying is still a viable option and I’m just not handy enough to understand completely lmao.
Get the kak blade buffer tube. It will allow the blade to fit better!
it looks like that’s the easiest/costliest solution. FML

Yeah man I feel you. I used to be apprehensive about asking dumb questions but then I stopped caring as much cause I know there’ll always be critics and people that are helpful.

Thanks man I appreciate your time. I kind of knew deep down I’m SOL but thought maybe the guys on here would know better and maybe have another option for me I didn’t think of or know of.

I don’t think the cap is threaded. Is seems to be glued/welded on there in some way. Maybe what you’re saying is still a viable option and I’m just not handy enough to understand completely lmao.
it looks like that’s the easiest/costliest solution. FML

If you want to buy one off a memeber @CTS Tactical did have one the last time I was there that he may ship to you

Back
Top Bottom