• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to suppress my feedback from non members?

I will say this one last time and then drop this, as it's obviously going nowhere but sideways...

Different people have different wants when it comes to privacy. Some don't give a F, others want to enjoy what the forum offers but not advertise it to the world. If there are simple options in the settings to let each person decide how much he wants to share, that should be available, and it is for most things. It shouldn't matter WHY someone would want to be more private... shouldn't matter if they wear a tinfoil hat to keep the gubment out, or they want to hide their purchases from their wife... LOL

If it's an option, I just wanted to know where it was. I don't feel like I have to justify why, and yes, I know that if it's on the interwebs, it's in the public eye... But that doesn't change anything. If there is no setting for the feedback page, then it is what it is. I felt it was at least worth asking, but I should have known better I guess... :-)

It's just a question. I noticed that you can hide your personal details in the settings, but the most critical thing... how many transactions and with whom, is wide open for the world to see. LOL

You understand that a transaction here is like sending a nudie to one of your high school classmates who promises never to post it on the internet.

Anyone you trade with has some personal information. If you have 100 trades, you have 100 total strangers who have some personal information about you.

For ex., every time I get a new text message, I immediately Google the ph. no.

Based in experience, and the local nature of most deals here, I'm surprised someone hasn't set up a deal with a high volume trader, for the purpose of tracking them down.

Back
Top Bottom