Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackspack

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Addicted to the Shindig
866   0
Reaction score
How to Use the ODT:

A current member will post an item for sale or trade. If you like the item that is posted, you need to contact the owner of the item with a personal message (DO NOT POST directly on the thread).

· The easiest way to send them a PM is to click on their screen name under their avatar and then select “Send Private Message”.

· In the title, list what you are interested in (they may have multiple items for sale).

o Be specific on what you are asking. i.e. “Do you still have the XXX for sale? And/or “Will you take XXX for your item?”.

o Wait for an answer. They will likely get back with you quickly.

If you agree on a purchase or swap, you will likely set a place and time to meet. Note: It is good not to keep grumpy old dudes with guns waiting. They will give you a negative feedback. Too many negative feedbacks on this site and no one will be interested in dealing with you.

Bring Cash.

The seller’s thread is exactly that - the seller’s thread. It isn’t your place to decide he’s plum crazy that he wants a zillion dollars for his whatnot. If you don’t like a price or the color or his screen name, move on. This isn’t Twitter. Don’t leave a message that, “ I saw one at Dick’s Pawn Shop for threefiddy last month. Please note: Incorrect prices usually take care of themselves over time…. Like the $900 PSA AR….

Know what you want before you meet. Don’t show up at a meet and say, well, “I really wanted one in fucia, so I will give you twofiddy for it” when you already agreed to threefiddy. Note: Grumpy old men with guns don’t like that. They will give you a negative feedback.

Bring your drivers license to prove you are a Georgia Resident. If you don’t have one, you will likely not get to buy one. To sell you a firearm Face to Face, Owners of a firearm need to know:

1. You are a GA Resident and

2. You are legally allowed to own a firearm.

Lying- may end up with you in jail. So don’t.

Many members would like to see your Carry Permit. This lets us grumpy old dudes with guns know that you are allowed to own a gun and have passed a federal back ground check. It isn’t a site requirement to ask it or show it, but we like to for our own personal protection. It tells us you are “OK to deal with.” If it is on a post, be prepared to show it or move on.

Some members want you to sign a dreaded piece of paper saying they sold you and turquoise whatnot for threefiddy, and then if it ends up in a ditch with a pubic hair on it, they can point back to you at a later date. It isn’t a site requirement to ask it or sign it, but we like to for our own personal protection. If the seller has it is on his post, be prepared to sign it or move on.

Look at where the poster lives. If he lives in NE BFE and you live in SE BFE unless you are willing to drive a substantial distance it probably doesn’t make sense.

If you offer a trade or a lowball price, don’t be upset you get ignored, or get a polite no. It is life. Life is too short to get pissed off because he doesn’t want your 11 year old daughters pink bow and arrow set for his grandfathers WW2 battlefield pick up.

If someone PMs an offer to you, respond in a reasonable amount of time. “Reasonable Amounts of Time” vary from member to member. Good luck with that one.

This is a great site, I hope you decide to become a member. The Owner of the site does as well (no - I don’t know him and he is not my brother in law). He is a business man, and this costs money to run. So don’t be a slacker- its cheap to join.

You will enjoy the people you meet here if you act and behave responsively. The more positives you get, the more you will become a trusted member. I have made some lifelong friends here. I hope you do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom