• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How tough is it going to be when the SHTF and. . .

"If" it happens most of us are screwed. I have been to my share of ODT meets, 99% of us are fat old guys who couldn't run around the block, nevermind exist in some post apocolyptic world. I would bet that most of you would be in trouble within a matter of weeks without your heart meds, your high blood pressure meds, a regular diet, or air conditioning.

Nevermind that the rest of the world will come looking to take what you have. Picture this :You and your wife against a gang of heavily armed youths. You might last a couple days, but you have to sleep sometime, then you are dead.

If you do survive, the US will be a 3rd world country, no power, no infrastructure. Malaria, yellow fever, Bird flu, dengue, west nile virus, zika virus, 5-6 different kinds of encephalitis - all mosquito born diseases would make quick work of most of us. Any contact with populations would mean risking communicable diseases like flu, whooping cough, measles, chicken pox, polio. Poor sanitation would certainly mean dirrahea, and outbreaks of tuberculosis.

Sounds like fun.

I am gone in the first 48-72 hours without power. I need a CPAP to sleep, how long can you go without sleep?? If I manage to cat-nap my way to a week or so, my insulin has gone bad without refridgeration.

no one should have to say I told you so...… it has already hit the fan. an example is the EBT card. You work hard and pay your taxes so your government ( we the people right?) can give your money to the entitled and ever unemployed, so they don't have to work to support themselves or their offspring... actually, we the people pay them more if they have more offspring who also learn to let the hard working people support them. You, the hard worker, are entitled to nothing..... you can work hard and pay more taxes so the entitled can continue comfortably... in a few more generations, the workers will be outnumbered and out voted.
This is unsustainable.... at some point a much bigger pile of SH*T has to hit the fan. If its not us, then maybe our children or grandchildren wont suffer the "reboot", but someone will.... its inevitable at this point.
My wife and I are on the same page, that we are in it for the long haul, as far as being prepared to survive and defend. We intend to leave behind a very good start for our kids( if we don't have to put our preps into action in our lifetime) and hope that they will continue to build on our good start. We can prepare now and educate our children to at least see the possibility that life wont always be freebees and handouts.

I am gone in the first 48-72 hours without power. I need a CPAP to sleep, how long can you go without sleep?? If I manage to cat-nap my way to a week or so, my insulin has gone bad without refridgeration.

What temperature does the insulin require to keep it. Put it in a jar and in a creek where the old people kept the butter, eggs and milk.

I remember in the forties when we were in a town that didn't have an ice house, dad dug a hole about 6 or 8 ft deep and put a concrete culvert in it on its end and you could keep all sorts of stuff cool. Jello would even jell in the bottom of it. You got to think out of the box and do research to see how people made it. Isn't there a series of books called 'Foxfire' that might be worth reading.

What temperature does the insulin require to keep it. Put it in a jar and in a creek where the old people kept the butter, eggs and milk.

I remember in the forties when we were in a town that didn't have an ice house, dad dug a hole about 6 or 8 ft deep and put a concrete culvert in it on its end and you could keep all sorts of stuff cool. Jello would even jell in the bottom of it. You got to think out of the box and do research to see how people made it. Isn't there a series of books called 'Foxfire' that might be worth reading.

I also should probably use a crap, but I take Lobelia instead.

"If" it happens most of us are screwed. I have been to my share of ODT meets, 99% of us are fat old guys who couldn't run around the block, nevermind exist in some post apocolyptic world. I would bet that most of you would be in trouble within a matter of weeks without your heart meds, your high blood pressure meds, a regular diet, or air conditioning.

Nevermind that the rest of the world will come looking to take what you have. Picture this :You and your wife against a gang of heavily armed youths. You might last a couple days, but you have to sleep sometime, then you are dead.

If you do survive, the US will be a 3rd world country, no power, no infrastructure. Malaria, yellow fever, Bird flu, dengue, west nile virus, zika virus, 5-6 different kinds of encephalitis - all mosquito born diseases would make quick work of most of us. Any contact with populations would mean risking communicable diseases like flu, whooping cough, measles, chicken pox, polio. Poor sanitation would certainly mean dirrahea, and outbreaks of tuberculosis.

Sounds like fun.
Party pooper...

I am too old and on meds. I am well armed and shoot well. I keep a vehicle full of gas for a trip to see some asholes that I want to say goodbye to.

I don't really have this problem with my wife, every time she hears something about Gun control or Civil unrest, she wants to look at the books, they have our guns and ammo count. She is even putting extra money in our yearly budget for adding to our prep food.

Back
Top Bottom