• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How will all this rain effect the stockers up in the mountains?

Bushwhacker

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Unmitigated Badassery
119   0
Reaction score
Gotta a weekend off from sports, going to go up to try and catch some trout. Nothing special just trying to get the kids on some fish up at Coopers or Rock but don't know how the weather will impact the bite. I'm assuming they are stocked fish and it won't matter they'll just bite anyways...

Thoughts, opinions?

Trout fishing is better in the rain.The rain breaks up the surface and the cloudy water keeps the fish from seeing you, plus the rain washes food into the streams. The fish know this. You should have great luck. I have been fishing Coopers and Rock creeks for over 50 years and rain has never hurt my prospects.

Rain shouldnt be an issue, I've caught plenty of trout up there while it was raining. I was fishing up there last year for a couple of days in non-stop rain and still easily caught my limit both days.

Gotta a weekend off from sports, going to go up to try and catch some trout. Nothing special just trying to get the kids on some fish up at Coopers or Rock but don't know how the weather will impact the bite. I'm assuming they are stocked fish and it won't matter they'll just bite anyways...

Thoughts, opinions?

Thoughts, opinions?
I fish that area ALOT and the Toccoa River is much better fishing and is loaded with fish however the Toccoa is tough when it is muddy. If the river clears up and calms down to about 4-600 CFS the Toccoa will be easy pickings.

Back
Top Bottom