• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How would you hunt this land?

E84D0991-4C9B-49E2-AAA3-72106B34D905.gif

This is merely my $.02 worth…..
I’d want to know how the deer use this property first and foremost. That Eastern boundary has those smaller, secluded fields on the neighboring land. I’d look for a trail entering your property from there…..possibly along that 2000’ contour line. Walk that entire contour line and see what kind of sign is present. Topography can dictate deer movement. Look above and below and run parallel to it as well.

Also, I’d check to see if that narrow strip of woods along the Eastern boundary is used by the deer when they’re traveling northward into the area. If there’s sign along your boundary, I’d say so.
Lastly, I’d plant a small winter plot in the area I shaded in green. It’ll give the deer a little bit of cover since it’s partially screened by trees and tucked back into the edge a little. It might help with getting them to step out in the daytime. I’d set stands near the two yellow x’s that I circled. A stand along the back of the field, facing North might be good to watch the wood lot behind the field.
Other stand locations might be necessary based on the wind. Keep a climber with you to move as the wind direction warrants.
The property looks like a smaller tract, so some stealth and a passive approach might be needed to keep pressure lower.
Best of luck.
5B0B2DF8-D695-4033-9C33-064760AD41ED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom