• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How would you spend or invest in 2020?

Currently a service writer in an independent auto repair shop.

You are the punching bag of the automotive repair business. My condolences and may God bless you.

On a more serious note if you have a technician that you trust maybe go in on a vehicle that a customer doesn’t want to fix and will dump it for cheap. Split the costs, fix it up, and sell it.

Do you have the time and the skills to start some kind of side hustle? If not you might be better off opening an IRA or brokerage account.

You are the punching bag of the automotive repair business. My condolences and may God bless you.

On a more serious note if you have a technician that you trust maybe go in on a vehicle that a customer doesn’t want to fix and will dump it for cheap. Split the costs, fix it up, and sell it.
Yes we can go from hero to zero quickly. We are the mediators between the customer, the techs, and the boss. Often times it sucks but its a job. Thankfully I have a boss that never ask me to doing anything beyond my level of character.

Do you have the time and the skills to start some kind of side hustle? If not you might be better off opening an IRA or brokerage account.
I guess I have the time unsure the skills. My skills are dealing with people and a general knowledge of lots of things but not a focused knowledge on any one thing outside of handguns and gun forums. Surfing gun forums doesn't pay or I would be loaded.

Think about buy and hold rentals. I recently got into a buying a duplex and it has gone awesome! Lots of upside to owning property. I 2nd the comment about going in with a friend and fixing up a car. As a service writer you have the connections to have someone do the work. You are the money side of the deal and split profits. Works well. I did it through college with a Toyota tech, buying and selling Supras.

If you can find a fund that allows monthly automatic investments its a sure bet over time (barring that its not some obscure bet).
Dollar cost averaging works.
$100 a month or whatever you can afford, dont think about it just let it grow.

Back
Top Bottom