• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How would you spend or invest in 2020?

The high dividend funds...can you tell me/us more? You can PM if you'd like. TIA!

I'm slowing moving all my portfolio into dividend positions to setup for retirement in 3yrs.
This has been a work in progress for the last 20yrs.
Here's what I have in my portfolio that pays dividends quarterly and some monthly.
Rates are from SO@4% to OXSQ@14%
Best website to see historical dividends and to calculate the actual dividend rate:
https://old.nasdaq.com/symbol/t/dividend-history
note: Websites sometimes auto calculate dividend rate incorrectly mostly on the monthly payers.
They always assume 12 dividends per year based on the previous month dividend amount.
example: MAIN pays out 14 times per year, GHY pays out 11 times per year, PFF pays different amounts each month with Dec usually larger than the other months because of year end book balancing.
Best source of dividends:
--REITs, by law, payout 90% of company profits in the form of dividends(see REITs below)
--Preferred Stock
--Corporate Bond ETFs
--BDCs
--Closed-End Funds, these are the best source of dividends.
note: Must own at least the day before the Ex-Div date to receive the next dividend
(% of total value):
Stocks:
T(5%)
DOW(2.5%)
ABBV(2.5%)
BP(2.0%)
MO(2.0%)
HMLP(2.6%)
SO(1.25%)
OXSQ(2.0%)

REITs:
OHI(1.25%) << Medical and Senior Living
WELL(1.25%) << Medical and Senior Living
DEA(2.5%) << only owns buildings that rent to government agencies.
ARI(2.5%) << Mortgage REIT, 10% dividend
VER(2.5%) << Retail https://www.vereit.com/portfolio

BDC:
MAIN(2.5%)

ETFs:
PFF(5%)
KBWD(2.5%)
YYY(2.5%)
DIV(1.25%)
SDIV(1.25%)
GHY(1.25%)
GHYB(1.25%)
ISD(1.25%)
NCV(1.25%)

Check and see if you where you can cut your spending and get out of debt. Do you have a budget? What is your plan to pay off any debts including mortgage? I could be wrong but it seems like the economy is due for some kind of correction and you can take advantage of it if your debt is gone or low.

I’m paying off my home, buying silver/gold when i can and buying AINV for it’s dividend. I’ll keep adding other dividend stocks as i get about 2k into each dividend stock. Once i get 5 stocks I’ll continue to add.
Others I’m considering are HP, Ford, MSFT

How old are you? Dividend stocks are good if you’re approaching retirement. If you’re young growth stocks are what you want.

It’s also tough to beat the index funds long-term. You don’t have access to the same info Warren Buffet does, so don’t try to keep up with individual stock purchases. Keep dollar cost averaging every month into a low-cost fund.

But first get out of debt except your home (maybe your vehicle, too). Everything else should be a second priority to that. Get.out.of.debt.

How old are you? Dividend stocks are good if you’re approaching retirement. If you’re young growth stocks are what you want.

It’s also tough to beat the index funds long-term. You don’t have access to the same info Warren Buffet does, so don’t try to keep up with individual stock purchases. Keep dollar cost averaging every month into a low-cost fund.

But first get out of debt except your home (maybe your vehicle, too). Everything else should be a second priority to that. Get.out.of.debt.
But I started a side-hustle based on my skill set last year. Made a little extra cash, and put it all back into marketing the business.
|
|
|
|
v

Back
Top Bottom