• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how you gonna mount an optic

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
but never fire your gun? like, whats the point?

ive seen many a rifle with the scopes mounted but then says "never fired". how does that work? if i put an optic on it i gotta shoot it to sight it in, otherwise why do it?

I have two in the safe right now that have an optic on them and are unfired. I have yet to get to a 100yd range to do so. I am currently thinking about selling both of them for precisely that reason.

why would you mount an optic, not fire it, and put it in the safe?

i have a hard enough time fitting my rifles in a safe without the optics or mags in them. god, with the optics mounted to them it would be a nightmare.

i kinda get it, but id mount the optic and sight it in if i was going to the range. just weird for me to see them for sale frequently as never fired at all (i can understand if you got one in trade and then decided to sell it)

why would you mount an optic, not fire it, and put it in the safe?
I have/had intentions of firing them....but not inside and especially not inside @ 25m. Neither rifle has iron sights and as such needed an optic. Why they are in the safe should be self evident.

i have a hard enough time fitting my rifles in a safe without the optics or mags in them. god, with the optics mounted to them it would be a nightmare
I guess maybe mine is just bigger than yours? :noidea:

:drum:

I have/had intentions of firing them....but not inside and especially not inside @ 25m. Neither rifle has iron sights and as such needed an optic. Why they are in the safe should be self evident.

I guess maybe mine is just bigger than yours? :noidea:

:drum:
ya, but it takes all of a few minutes to mount one. i wouldnt put one on unless i was headed to the range. just my thoughts

kinda weird in the same sense that i see so many new guns never fired. i dont get buying a gun and not shooting it unless you took it in as a trade.

Something like this... quick, what previous member is this!? CALL IT! Yeet yeet!

www.stupidhumans.org_image_stupidhumans_1012_swiss_army_gun_fl9c35f85da732ffcb237331a4cadd87c7.jpg

ya, but it takes all of a few minutes to mount one. i wouldnt put one on unless i was headed to the range. just my thoughts
"A few minutes?" A red dot, maybe...but to properly mount, level, and secure a telescopic optic? Hardly...and then add on top of that, if you do it right before you head to the range, the loctite hasn't cured.

kinda weird in the same sense that i see so many new guns never fired. i dont get buying a gun and not shooting it unless you took it in as a trade.
I bought a Glock 21 a few months ago....been to the range several times since then, still haven't shot it. Just took something else. It's really not as uncommon or nefarious as some want to make it.

"A few minutes?" A red dot, maybe...but to properly mount, level, and secure a telescopic optic? Hardly...and then add on top of that, if you do it right before you head to the range, the loctite hasn't cured.

I bought a Glock 21 a few months ago....been to the range several times since then, still haven't shot it. Just took something else. It's really not as uncommon or nefarious as some want to make it.
just odd to me. i enjoy the hobby of trading but i think i may enjoy shooting more

who knows, maybe some folks are just trade bugs

Back
Top Bottom