• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HR 38 (National Reciprocity) - House vote on Wednesday 12/6

Step by step, they will sneak and work to remove our 2nd Adm rights, one small step at a time.
Oftentimes, that is the definition of compromise.
If I want something specific and you want anything else, any compromise only benefits you.
(I'll avoid the normal good/evil association there.)

The law won't be passed w/o the FixNICS part, but honestly that bill doesn't do a single thing that makes BG checks worse then they already are. The worst thing I could find in it after a read-through was that it allocates money out of the FBI's budget for departments that can't get their act together.

I know there's a lot of Internet shouting that FixNICS is some kind of gun control scheme, but while it doesn't close the door on some of the things the Obama administration pulled on Vets and SS recipients, it does not facilitate them either. All it does is force government agencies to report people who are legally 'prohibited persons' by existing law.

The law won't be passed w/o the FixNICS part, but honestly that bill doesn't do a single thing that makes BG checks worse then they already are. The worst thing I could find in it after a read-through was that it allocates money out of the FBI's budget for departments that can't get their act together.

I know there's a lot of Internet shouting that FixNICS is some kind of gun control scheme, but while it doesn't close the door on some of the things the Obama administration pulled on Vets and SS recipients, it does not facilitate them either. All it does is force government agencies to report people who are legally 'prohibited persons' by existing law.
That's good to know. I have to admit that I have not studied it thoroughly, but I mean too soon. I just keep running into articles about it. Thanks for the opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom