• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HR 38 (National Reciprocity) - House vote on Wednesday 12/6

I'd rather it not pass if it has the fixnics bill attached.
Forgive my ignorance, I'm still trying to understand the bill.

What is the bad part about this bill, and how stopping it would be better than letting it get through?

I don't know the bad sides, but the good sides are quite good from the points made in the article I posted above.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance, I'm still trying to understand the bill.

What is the bad part about this bill, and how stopping it would be better than letting it get through?

I don't know the bad sides, but the good sides are quite good from the points made in the article I posted above.

For me both bills operate under the false premise that a carry license and NICs are good things, when in fact they are both infringements.

The fixnics bill is just throwing money at a problem, and in government that almost always makes it worse. I don't like NICs and especially don't like that people can be added with no due process. Nancy Pelosi and Diane Fienstien both eagerly Support the bill and that should be all you need to know.

I've always had mixed feelings about reciprocity. I don't want my carry permit recognized in all 50 states, I want the Constitution recognized in all 50 states. Any gun bill that isn't simply repealing previous bad legislation is not good in my opinion. It lays ground work and text for lawyers and legislatures to use against us in the future.

Sounds like more federal regulations and registration to me. I feel like I am the only one who has seen the original Red Dawn.

For me both bills operate under the false premise that a carry license and NICs are good things, when in fact they are both infringements.

The fixnics bill is just throwing money at a problem, and in government that almost always makes it worse. I don't like NICs and especially don't like that people can be added with no due process. Nancy Pelosi and Diane Fienstien both eagerly Support the bill and that should be all you need to know.

I've always had mixed feelings about reciprocity. I don't want my carry permit recognized in all 50 states, I want the Constitution recognized in all 50 states. Any gun bill that isn't simply repealing previous bad legislation is not good in my opinion. It lays ground work and text for lawyers and legislatures to use against us in the future.
That makes sense, and I agree. I did hear that they could put someone on the gun ban list for simply having a bad debt. Not sure how far that would go, or what kind of debt would come up in a gun ban list.

I am trying to get a grasp on what is good legislation and what is actually over reach. I do agree, that if Feinstein and Pelosi are involved, it has to be pretty bad. I also feel like the ATF needs to be able to thoroughly check someone so that nut cases can't get a gun easily. Of course we all know they can easily attain weapons in numerous ways, including right here on ODT, sadly.

What I want is for the nuts to stop harming others, since it hurts us all in the indirect long haul. I know there are many percentages more safe stable good gun owning people out there. But every time someone abuses thier owner rights, we all hear it screamed louder from the ignorant fascist intolerant gun haters.

That's really the only negative I could find in the FixNICs bill. It's spending more money to do something that these agencies should already be doing by law.

Everything else is just as good or bad as the existing law from everything I could see. I can see folks issue with this as a big picture thing, but in context it's pretty harmless. I think the only reason Feinstein and Schumer signed up is because they couldn't not sign on. They could never push for new stuff if they voted against something this basic.

Back
Top Bottom