• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Huge Discounts @ Harbor Freight, next 12 Days

How loud is it? I know the Hondas are like $2k but you cant even hear it when standing next to it.

I'd say it falls in the medium range, but for the price the noise level is definitely not too bad. If you're in a neighborhood, your neighbor's will probably hear it, but it's not overly obnoxious. Inside the house I barely notice it.

Anyone have experience with their hydraulic presses? I was looking at the 20 ton model. Figured it'd be good for AK building.

Actually stopped buy there today for some shop supplies. You can't beat them for stuff like this. $17 and some change. Only reason I went there was for some tips for my sandblaster which the didn't have :frusty:
IMG_20161224_160223233.jpg

If it has any moving parts,it will break,a pond pump from there didn't make it two weeks, I believe they use gravel for bearings in their slide saws.

Anyone have experience with their hydraulic presses? I was looking at the 20 ton model. Figured it'd be good for AK building.

I recently bought one of these, and it is amazingly sturdy.
It was a bit tricky for this old man to assemble by himself, but with the help of my H.F. 1 Ton chain hoist I accomplished the job in about 3 hours.
Then I got one of their "Air Operated 20 Ton Jacks" to speed up operations.
Sadly it got too cold to work in my un-heated shop, to finish installing new jack.

Next year I plan to get heat over there. My furnace needs a new flue, which I have not been able to address due to caring for my wife.

If you need some shop towels, bungee cords, tarps, etc, then H.F. is just fine. Personally I think 98% of what they sell is flea market junk.

I'm sure our paid H.F. spokesman with zero feedback that lives out of state might disagree.

I find them good for (as everyone said) tarps, dollys, etc. Also few use tools. For example - when building up a jeep on my own I needed a torque wrench for the suspension lift install. Harbor freight to the rescue with a cheap 1/2 drive torque wrench in the right range with enough precision for an old keep xj. Haven't used it since

Back
Top Bottom