• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Huge win for the 2A! SC ruling

“The exercise of other constitutional rights does not require individuals to demonstrate to government officers some special need. The Second Amendment right to carry arms in public for self- defense is no different.”
"Public carry was a component of the right to keep and bear arms—a right free blacks were often denied in antebellum America."
- Justice Clarence Thomas

7459E199-70F7-4360-9AF5-2F7D31ADC127.gif

An amazing victory! Very happy about it. But, with that being the ruling "The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees,'” (Justice Clarence Thomas wrote regarding this ruling) how the hell can they say states still have the right to require permits and such? That ruling should make constitutional carry the law of the land by default it seems to me. Maybe it's because I'm just not smart enough to understand.

An amazing victory! Very happy about it. But, with that being the ruling "The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees,'” (Justice Clarence Thomas wrote regarding this ruling) how the hell can they say states still have the right to require permits and such? That ruling should make constitutional carry the law of the land by default it seems to me. Maybe it's because I'm just not smart enough to understand.

You are plenty smart enough, and I see it exactly the same as you.

I didn't see the other thread on this subject before I posted, even though I looked around first. Sorry mods. You can delete it, or combine it, leave it, whatever magic you choose.

Back
Top Bottom