• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunter harassment

giphy-11.gif

Our neighbor at the hunting camp owns a large farm, between him and his daughter they own a good chunk of land, in the area of 500 acres. He will ride the property line in his truck and honk the horn, get out yelling at his dog, daughter, or ol lady. He let's his dogs out on the property line so that itll venture over on to our property, his cow pasture is poorly fenced in and his cows come over from that or through our open gates and tromp all over food plots then when we go tell him to get his sorry looking cows he gets mad at us and tells us we need to keep out gates shut or mend HIS fences. Also honks the horn going up and down the road every morning and afternoon that hes not riding the property line. A good bit of people in Warren county know him and cant stand him.

Our neighbor at the hunting camp owns a large farm, between him and his daughter they own a good chunk of land, in the area of 500 acres. He will ride the property line in his truck and honk the horn, get out yelling at his dog, daughter, or ol lady. He let's his dogs out on the property line so that itll venture over on to our property, his cow pasture is poorly fenced in and his cows come over from that or through our open gates and tromp all over food plots then when we go tell him to get his sorry looking cows he gets mad at us and tells us we need to keep out gates shut or mend HIS fences. Also honks the horn going up and down the road every morning and afternoon that hes not riding the property line. A good bit of people in Warren county know him and cant stand him.
What a dick.

If his deer are in the food plot are you allowed to shoot them? Ga has some law that you're allowed to shoot non native species and they don't count against your tags. Like if an elk escaped a pay hunt fence and was on your property. Elk not native to Ga so you can kill it and doesn't count against your tags. I mean cows have horns

That's not a Neighbor, that's more like living at the edges of enemy's line. And the funny thing is that the land he calls "my land" soon another one will over it calling "my land". We don't have nothing on this world, if so, why we pay taxes?, so we should be more friendly to each other, knowing that soon we'll be under 7 feet of dirt.

What a dick.
his nickname is asshole. I was sighting in a new scope down there and enjoying shooting a few rounds he came flying on to our property got out cussing me for shooting, saying I was shooting toward his house even though my target was down in a gully and his house is on the other side of the road and through some woods. I told him if he didnt get off the property I was gonna shoot his truck. He threatened to call the law but never did. I was hoping he would have..

I may know these folks. Just kidding we are on the other side of the state.
A friend of mine was hunting about 100 yards into our land (family had owned for 200 years). Friend shot a deer and was looking for it. Our neighbor lady starts hollering to her horse “be careful baby those stupid hunters will shoot you” over and over. I came over to help him and the lady was still hollering things. Suddenly she lets her dog out that didn’t know where the property line was. Then I have a dog growling at me from about 30 yards. My friend looked at me and asked what I was about to do and I told him I was about to protect myself. I politely told the lady we were not going to shoot her horse but to please get her dog or I would defend myself. I didn’t want to shoot the dog. I certainly didn’t want the lady to have to see me shoot her dog. I was not getting bit on my grandfathers land. The lady called back the dog and we decided to call it a day. I talked to my grandfather and he said she was crazy and the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.
I would think some of the actions would be considered disturbing wildlife. Animals being disturbed probably have more rights than hunters being harassed

Back
Top Bottom