• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunter harassment

I don’t hunt but have some land. Neighbor has 400 acres that a couple people hunt. I use my atv to run my dog and neighbor lets me ride his property anytime but during deer season I won’t even ride my property in the mornings so I don’t ruin their hunt. Last season I did ride my property late one morning and did hear a shot from that direction. I assume I ran a deer their way.

It isn’t unusual to deal with antis while hunting suburbs. While its best to not advertise, that is impossible while duck hunting. We had a great spot here just north of Atlanta. It is outside the city limits so it was completely legal. My buddy had permission on the more more populated lower lake portion. Well a particular estate owner wasnt happy about the hunting. Lots of antics. Being duck hunters, we know the warden. My buddy invited him to hunt. Sure enough Mr happy rolls up in his jag and preceded to head for the blind in his usual form. Mr happy learned about the law at the local jail that morning. Disclaimer, I wasn’t involved and the warden was rightfully pissed. It still makes me smile though. The Game warden has long been retired and duck hunting is a distant memory for N Atl.

I don’t hunt but have some land. Neighbor has 400 acres that a couple people hunt. I use my atv to run my dog and neighbor lets me ride his property anytime but during deer season I won’t even ride my property in the mornings so I don’t ruin their hunt. Last season I did ride my property late one morning and did hear a shot from that direction. I assume I ran a deer their way.
You're such a Good Man Mr. Jim!! - May God bless you in every aspect!!! This is what I am talking about folks!!

I wouldn’t call it hunter harassment but more of a neighbor dispute. A buddy has 150
Acres that is surrounded by a lot of rural homes. It’s not a neighborhood but still a lot of homes in the area. I was hunting in a small 5 acre field. I could see the fence line about 2-3 acres away. The neighbor that owns that land drives up, waves to me as I’m in the stand, and proceeds to pull out a chain saw and start cutting down trees. This was at 5 pm during deer season. He wasn’t doing his normal farm chores. I called my buddy who owns the land and he says “just go home, I’m driving out there now.” Turns our they have some beef since my buddy has a 200 yard range that he shoots there occasionally. Pisses the neighbors off.

I wouldn’t call it hunter harassment but more of a neighbor dispute. A buddy has 150
Acres that is surrounded by a lot of rural homes. It’s not a neighborhood but still a lot of homes in the area. I was hunting in a small 5 acre field. I could see the fence line about 2-3 acres away. The neighbor that owns that land drives up, waves to me as I’m in the stand, and proceeds to pull out a chain saw and start cutting down trees. This was at 5 pm during deer season. He wasn’t doing his normal farm chores. I called my buddy who owns the land and he says “just go home, I’m driving out there now.” Turns our they have some beef since my buddy has a 200 yard range that he shoots there occasionally. Pisses the neighbors off.
tell the neighbors to move to a nice quiet neighborhood , it’s a free ****ing country

Back
Top Bottom