• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunters Lodge... Beware

spencer60

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
285   0
Reaction score
I don't know how many folks read Firearms News anymore (used to be Shotgun News), but if you do I'm sure you've seen an ad for Hunters Lodge. They usually have a lot of C&R type guns and other miscellany.

In April 2021 I ordered an FR-7 rifle and Enfield top-break pistol from them. They don't take credit cards (should have been a red flag there) so I mailed a check and my C&R FFL to them after getting the order priced out over the phone.

The check was cashed in less than a week, but after 2 more weeks when I hadn't received the order, or even shipping information I emailed them and asked if everything was OK with the order.

I got a reply back just saying 'yes', and that was the last I heard from them in almost a year. I followed up with email after email but never got a reply. They must also have blocked my phone number since it just went straight to voicemail.

At the same time their ads stopped appearing in Firearms News, and I figured that that money was probably lost. They had gone out of business or the owner had died or something.

Then around February they started advertising in FN again. I tried calling and emailing but still got no reply. I put in a complain with the local BBB in Tennessee (where they are located), with no result I could see.

I finally filed a complaint with the USPS for mail fraud, since this was interstate commerce. Lo and behold, 2 weeks later I get an unexpected box that had my order in it. No note or any indication on why it took almost a year to ship, but at least it was complete.

While I was going through this I did find they have a long history of ripping people off. In some cases orders were only filled when the local police were called.

Anyways, just thought I'd give people a heads up about this really sketchy seller.

There sure are lots of shady storefronts out there. Lots to be said for doing business with the brick and mortar stores when it comes to guns. do not use any store that does not take credit cars, and never send anything via cash apps.

If you feel that you must really really do busines with them, find out what town or city they live in and call the local P.D. and ask if they think they are legit.

Greg

Thanks for the info. I ordered aa stock from them a few years back with no problems, have been considering ordering a couple of rifles. You have just red flagged them for me. Sounds like they can't be trusted.

Have you notified Shotgun News about one of their advertisers?
I did when the ad popped back up again. It wasn't there next the month, but I have seen it since then occasionally so I know they didn't ban them.

The thing that got me was that they had advertised there for as long as I've been reading Shotgun/Firearms News. That's ten years at least for me, and probably a lot more for them.

I'd even seen some FN articles where writers got stuff from them. It wasn't until I did some more research and found all the BBB complaints that I realized they had a pretty poor track record.

And I'm sure they aren't 100% scammers as well. They wouldn't still be around.

I really don't get it at all, since they do have interesting stuff and should have a decent business if it wasn't for these shenanigans.

I did when the ad popped back up again. It wasn't there next the month, but I have seen it since then occasionally so I know they didn't ban them.

The thing that got me was that they had advertised there for as long as I've been reading Shotgun/Firearms News. That's ten years at least for me, and probably a lot more for them.

I'd even seen some FN articles where writers got stuff from them. It wasn't until I did some more research and found all the BBB complaints that I realized they had a pretty poor track record.

And I'm sure they aren't 100% scammers as well. They wouldn't still be around.

I really don't get it at all, since they do have interesting stuff and should have a decent business if it wasn't for these shenanigans.
Supply chain and staffing issues. Putin, y’know. C’mon, man.

Yup, those pesky Russians have infiltrated middle Tennessee and taken the owners hostage.

A devious plan to deprive US citizens on top-break Enfield revolvers, thus crushing our will to resist them.

Back
Top Bottom