• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Huntertown Arms Closing Shop

They are at the dealers waiting for approval. Any cans they have in for repairs will be fixed but no future work will be done.
Mine is at the dealer awaiting approval also. Luckily with 40+ years as a machinist I can make any repairs mine might ever need. I feel for the ones that have nowhere to turn. A good gunsmith should be able to help them if a problem arises.

I bet a few companies pick up the slack and start offering their own upgrades, servicing and making cores for them. It's happened before. I've got a HTA G9 myself

Mine is at the dealer awaiting approval also. Luckily with 40+ years as a machinist I can make any repairs mine might ever need. I feel for the ones that have nowhere to turn. A good gunsmith should be able to help them if a problem arises.

I thought only a SOT could legally repair a can?

I've got one of there rimfire cans from when they first came out. Still running strong. Was it cheap? Yes but just keep it clean and don't abuse it and hopefully it will last for awhile.
Yeah my G9 is pretty much married to an AR-9 with a fixed bbl mount. I can pull the baffle stack from the muzzle end too to keep from running threads on off as much as possible. Plan one just taking care of it like you and using the same 147s that have been stabilizing fine thus far stretch its life out and use a different can on the pistolas

Also sorry to read this. I have a Guardian 9. It's been an excellent, versatile can.

I like what Huntertown Arms did. They put out some innovative products. Their integrated 10/22 barrel looked really promising. Maybe somebody will buy the assets.

Back
Top Bottom