• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting AR trigger.

From your original post, it sounds like the CMC Flat is exactly what you're looking for. I love mine.
I also have ALG ACT triggers in two of my other AR's. For the money it's very good. But the CMC is much crisper, much lighter, much smoother. And I really like the flat face.

Definitely what I'm after.
What's a good price for one?
I've seen them cheapest in the $160 range.

Definitely what I'm after.
What's a good price for one?
I've seen them cheapest in the $160 range.

Sorry, I havent been on the forum in a couple of weeks so I just saw this. $160 is the cheapest I've seen them online too. I bought mine directly from CMC at the NRA show in Atlanta for $120 cash. Couldn't afford not to buy it. :)

Well I got the CMC flat trigger installed.
Love the drop in simplicity.

Looks Like they updated their production of the two keeper pins and did away with the c-clips and instead went with pins that are tapped for A machine screw to be installed on each end of the pins......included.

Love the feel of the trigger.
No creep or take up, smooth glass break pull and positive short reset.
Amazing trigger.

The only thing I take issue with is that the body of the trigger rattles around a little inside the housing of the receiver.
This could be fixed with a small two sided piece of 3m foam.

It's not really an issue though but it might drive some people
Crazy.

I put ALG ACT triggers in all my hunting ARs. That way they all feel the same regardless of which one I have. At 65 each, you can change them out without breaking the bank.
This is the best advise you will hear. I have several of these triggers and I order JP enterprises reduced power springs to go with it. It makes for a smooth, light, crisp trigger pull. Not as light as a competition rig but not anywhere as heavy as a mil spec trigger. It's the perfect set up if you don't run any crap ammo form European manufacturers. Those manufacturers use real hard primers and it can give you a problem with that ammo but I don't run that crap in any of my guns. With good American made ammo I have never had a misfire. It really makes for the perfect trigger. I used the same combo in my AR10 target rifle I built and it consistently spits out sub 1/2 MOA groups. So the trigger group is 65 and the spring set is 12 bucks. So for 77 bucks you will love the set up. Absolutely 100% the perfect hunting set up. Do not drop 200 dollars in a drop in unit until you try this combo. You won't be disappointed. No slop in the parts as well.

I
Looking to replace the trigger in my 6.8.
The gun groups sub MOA at 100 yards but this is with a rest and lots of patience on my Part.
The trigger pull just sucks....it's way to hard of a pull and reset is not anything to brag of.

What I'm ultimately wishing for is a flat trigger, light pull, crisp break and short reset with no creep.
Is there such a thing?
I'd be willing to compromise on the flat trigger if I could get all the other options but I would definitely prefer the flat blade as I have done some of my best shooting with flat blade triggers.
I run the ALG ACT set up in both my 6.8' as well.

It will be real smooth and crisp. I am building a 5.56 SPR now and I already have the trigger and spring in it. I am just waiting until I have the handguard and a Nib bolt carrier group. Those two items are going to be close to 400 damn dollars.

Back
Top Bottom