• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting boots

believe it or not the last few pairs of boots I have bought I got off Ebay, and bought them used.. There is nothing like buying a good pair of boots already broke it and for less then half the price of new..

just make sure you deal with reputable seller who posts lots of pics.

Just bought a pair of almost new LL BEAN Trophy Pursuits for $40 think they were $150 new and still look it..
[h=1][/h]

believe it or not the last few pairs of boots I have bought I got off Ebay, and bought them used.. There is nothing like buying a good pair of boots already broke it and for less then half the price of new..

just make sure you deal with reputable seller who posts lots of pics.

Just bought a pair of almost new LL BEAN Trophy Pursuits for $40 think they were $150 new and still look it..
[h=1][/h]

The only problem is that they are broken in for someone else's feet. Be careful, you can do some serious damage to your knees and hips.

- - - Updated - - -

danners So many variations

which series is everyone buying

Stitch down soles an be replaced if that matters. I have an old pair of cement down Bighorns-12 years old and going strong.

A mile? Come on, I could do that in wing tips!
I've got a few pairs of boots and have done a bit of hiking (this year rim to rim at the Grand Canyon on the Bass trails, no tourist stuff to say the least) so I get needing comfortable boots. I have to admit, I was never a rubber boot guy. A handful of years ago (or so) I bought a pair of LaCrosse Alphaburlys and the FIRST time I wore them was on a WMA hunt. If I didn't put 12 miles on them in 24 hours I didn't put 100 yards. Stupid I know, with new boots, but I was absolutely SHOCKED at how comfortable they were. I still wear them and they are still 100% water proof and no worse for the wear.
If you have serious problems a boot more specifically designed for miles 'might' be better but I can't imagine how.

Back
Top Bottom