• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Clothing Upgrade

Swab

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
Okay, it's been a while since I upgraded my hunting clothes so I think it's time. Currently, I use some cheap ripstop stuff I got on sale at Bass Pro a few years ago and it's okay. Since it seems to to stay in the 90's until Christmas, I'm looking for recommendations for warm/hot weather clothes. So, let's hear it, what do you guys use?

Okay, it's been a while since I upgraded my hunting clothes so I think it's time. Currently, I use some cheap ripstop stuff I got on sale at Bass Pro a few years ago and it's okay. Since it seems to to stay in the 90's until Christmas, I'm looking for recommendations for warm/hot weather clothes. So, let's hear it, what do you guys use?

I bought some Underarmour pants last year and I am sold now. I'll add the top and jacket this year. Their hunting clothes are incredible.

The Under Armor is kind of pricey but it lasts forever so the value is there.

The best I ever had was some Columbia brand camo shirt and pants, had a lightweight set and a set that were chamois. Lasted 10 years before they started to fade.

Worst was Browning. Started fading the first season.

"Deer are essentially red-green color blind like some humans. Their color vision is limited to the short [blue] and middle [green] wavelength colors. As a result, deer likely can distinguish blue from red, but not green from red, or orange from red."

i just wear jeans and a red shirt with an orange vest. that way other hunters can see me...

Back
Top Bottom