• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Clothing Upgrade

That Natural Gear SCII looks good.

Found you an avatar too.
IMG_3995.JPG

For warmer weather I like the synthetic long sleaved Game Winner shirts they sell at Academy. I bought a bunch a few years ago for less than $10 per shirt when they were clearanced out. I hate spending money on clothes because I'm cheap lol but especially on hunting clothes because I really don't think it matters much what I put on as long as I sit still.

IMG_20170728_205333312_BURST001.jpg

Does their stuff tend to wear out quick? Ordering some now. Do the pants /overalls fit small or large? what about the shirts & jackets?
i bought shirts pants , bibs, beanie,hat, and orange vest. they all fit normal. it will wear out the same as any other cotton blend. depending on how you wash. i wash on gentle with baking soda. they have a good return policy if anything doesn't fit right. the shirts and pants even thought they are the same color do not match perfectly because they are made from different materials. if your worried about that, i dont think the deer are.
I buy these because they also blend perfectly on the dove field. it took me 5 solid minutes to pick out my partner even though i knew where he was. everyone else stood out like a sore thumb. that was the original selling point for me.

I've got a couple Sets of the Arcturus leafy camo.
One in woodland camo and the other in fall foliage.
They both work great and I wear gloves and a leafy mask.

Underneath I wear any dark colored clothing and dress in layers depending on weather.

I also have a leafy ASAT camo suit that works well for me.

I'll tell you this: I walked up a hill with the leafy woodland camo super slow and snuck up on a doe heard that was browsing.
I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted them.
I had a fawn walk right up to me looking right through me.
It came closer And closer and was foraging as it came closer.
I was holding my crossbow up
And looking through the scope for a shot at one of the mature does.
Little fawn got right next to me and I was contemplating grabbing my knife and taking a stab at its heart but one of the mamas noticed my slight movement as my crossbow began to weigh 100 pounds and I was dipping it as I fatigued.
One doe blew
And turned inside out , bounded 20' and stopped and looked while the other does looked around like "okay what's wrong"?
So now that they were on alert they were lookin where big mama was looking.
She was bouncing her head at me and blowing like mad.
The others looked in my direction as big mama ran off and some walked off while a couple kept browsing because they couldn't make me out.
I'm sure my standing still helped me greatly.
I was telling myself keep your cool and wait for a shot but now my crossbow weighed 200 pounds and I had to lower it slowly.
I did it when their heads were down so they didn't see me.
I never got a chance to raise it again as they kept looking up and eventually they all mosied away.
Cool experience and a true test for my leafy camo suit.

I won't wear anything but that suit after such a great test.

I also snuck out of my ladder one morning after the sun shined right in my face.
I got down super quiet and when I planted my feet there was a big bodied 6 pointer standing 10 yards from me.
He walked past like I wasn't even there.
I've had many other good experiences with the suit and could write a book.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A...dpPl=1&dpID=51ZeElt3BWL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I've got a couple Sets of the Arcturus leafy camo.
One in woodland camo and the other in fall foliage.
They both work great and I wear gloves and a leafy mask.

Underneath I wear any dark colored clothing and dress in layers depending on weather.

I also have a leafy ASAT camo suit that works well for me.

I'll tell you this: I walked up a hill with the leafy woodland camo super slow and snuck up on a doe heard that was browsing.
I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted them.
I had a fawn walk right up to me looking right through me.
It came closer And closer and was foraging as it came closer.
I was holding my crossbow up
And looking through the scope for a shot at one of the mature does.
Little fawn got right next to me and I was contemplating grabbing my knife and taking a stab at its heart but one of the mamas noticed my slight movement as my crossbow began to weigh 100 pounds and I was dipping it as I fatigued.
One doe blew
And turned inside out , bounded 20' and stopped and looked while the other does looked around like "okay what's wrong"?
So now that they were on alert they were lookin where big mama was looking.
She was bouncing her head at me and blowing like mad.
The others looked in my direction as big mama ran off and some walked off while a couple kept browsing because they couldn't make me out.
I'm sure my standing still helped me greatly.
I was telling myself keep your cool and wait for a shot but now my crossbow weighed 200 pounds and I had to lower it slowly.
I did it when their heads were down so they didn't see me.
I never got a chance to raise it again as they kept looking up and eventually they all mosied away.
Cool experience and a true test for my leafy camo suit.

I won't wear anything but that suit after such a great test.

I also snuck out of my ladder one morning after the sun shined right in my face.
I got down super quiet and when I planted my feet there was a big bodied 6 pointer standing 10 yards from me.
He walked past like I wasn't even there.
I've had many other good experiences with the suit and could write a book.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AJ1XUB6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501336816&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=arcturus+leafy+camo&dpPl=1&dpID=51ZeElt3BWL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1
not to down play your story but i have had very similar experiences in work clothes straight from the job site.
and ive been busted with full camo and scent protection. It just boils down to I like camo, its my fav. color

not to down play your story but i have had very similar experiences in work clothes straight from the job site.
and ive been busted with full camo and scent protection. It just boils down to I like camo, its my fav. color

I'm in full agreement.
Sometimes it's also a matter of not being seen by humans as well.
I hunt some private properties that I just like to blend in so well that neighbors from nearby homes can't spot me and get pissed that someone is "hunting".
This works well during archery season on small tracts where I prefer to be as stealthy as possible.

Back
Top Bottom