• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Clothing Upgrade

Yep, there is a big difference between young stupid deer and mature deer. Especially in areas that are hunted regularly.
It may be coincidence but since I started minding my scent " both clothes and body " my success rate has gone up considerably, but it's easier when you can shower in the morning and go in the woods without ever entering a vehicle. I keep my cloths in an air tight bin. Might be a waste of time but it seems to work for my confidence if nothing else

It may be coincidence but since I started minding my scent " both clothes and body " my success rate has gone up considerably, but it's easier when you can shower in the morning and go in the woods without ever entering a vehicle. I keep my cloths in an air tight bin. Might be a waste of time but it seems to work for my confidence if nothing else
I think that's good advise. I keep my clothes in an air tight tote as well. I also bind together some fresh strong smelling saplings from pine, sweet gum and hickory and put them in the tote about this time of year so that by hunting season the clothes have taken on the smell from the saplings. I wash my clothes in the fragrance free detergent they sell at Publix after each hunt and put them back in the tote. It's a lot cheaper than the detergent branded specifically for hunters and works really well.

I've been in the woods during turkey season when I wasn't so particular about my scent and had deer with in 10 feet walking by and never spooked so if you sit still and the wind is right you can be successful but the wind is almost never consistent in the ridges and hollers where I hunt. Going up n a tree ups your odds quite a bit as well

I think that's good advise. I keep my clothes in an air tight tote as well. I also bind together some fresh strong smelling saplings from pine, sweet gum and hickory and put them in the tote about this time of year so that by hunting season the clothes have taken on the smell from the saplings. I wash my clothes in the fragrance free detergent they sell at Publix after each hunt and put them back in the tote. It's a lot cheaper than the detergent branded specifically for hunters and works really well.
Baking soda

Back
Top Bottom