• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting club - need 20-25 members Atlanta area

I've ran a hunting club for many years now and I can tell you that it's a good idea to keep at least 2-3 members more than you need to cover the lease.
That way you don't have an "oh crap" moment when a member drops out (several will until you get settled in). Make sure money is due well before the lease is due. Don't have a "board", just have a president, treasurer and list of rules that are very clear.
Use the extra fees for land improvements, food plots, ECT.
If you get a club going youll find you need extra cash for gates, cables, locks, signs and getting another $20 out of everyone is never a smooth process.
Clubs need cash on hand and people don't mind as long as you show them where the money is.

I've ran a hunting club for many years now and I can tell you that it's a good idea to keep at least 2-3 members more than you need to cover the lease.
That way you don't have an "oh crap" moment when a member drops out (several will until you get settled in). Make sure money is due well before the lease is due. Don't have a "board", just have a president, treasurer and list of rules that are very clear.
Use the extra fees for land improvements, food plots, ECT.
If you get a club going youll find you need extra cash for gates, cables, locks, signs and getting another $20 out of everyone is never a smooth process.
Clubs need cash on hand and people don't mind as long as you show them where the money is.

Very good advice - and we will follow it. Thank you.

Guys,

We have a very good lead southeast of Athens out I 20. Over 800 acres and price is $10,000 - if we jump immediately we might have a chance. I will look at insurance - if you are interested and can commit $700 let's go for it. Sounds like beautiful land.
John - roswellj -

Back
Top Bottom