• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting/Fishing Cabin Build

This last pic was about the time I proposed to my wife. Since we were getting married at the farm, all cabin work stopped and wedding planning began... We didn't work on the cabin for another year and a half because of this. Since then, we have been working mainly on the interior getting things wired and ready for spray foam.

Since we are off the grid, we have no electricity. We still wired everything 110v to use with a generator or just in case we ever ran power. Notice the porch lights in previous pic. We have redundant outlets and lights everywhere. We ran outlets in the top windows for window units.... tried to think of everything. We also put halogen spotlights on each corner of the cabin (currently only on creek side) It looks pretty awesome all lit up at night!

2016-09-11 01.25.02_01.jpg
Photo Nov 12, 11 26 50 PM.jpg

We haven't done much on the interior besides wiring. We will spray foam it, hopefully in February, then side the interior with rough cut hardwood lumber that we have in the barn. We will be putting in bunk beds and a kitchen counter with propane range and wood burning stove.

We also built a sleeping loft (part of the reason for a steep pitched roof). The yellow pine lumber came from the old Americus High School basketball bleachers... beautiful lumber except for the occasional graffiti and chewing gum. Perfect place for 2 cots.
PA083990.JPG

This is where she sits at the moment. We still need to side 2 walls and box in the soffets and the exterior will be finished. If any one knows where to get good cypress lumber please let me know! We have a hard time finding that at the moment as our old sawmill has shut down.

Obviously we need to put up some rails soon. We have the cypress poles for it, just havent had the time yet.

We did get another generator aside from the B&S 5000kw. We got a Honda 2000 kw that is super quiet. That will be our go to generator for power at night.... just enough to run a few lights and window unit.

Been hooked on this thread since the beginning. It looks great so far brother!
Thanks man. That's all there is until we get down there next year. After spray foam we will install the wood burning stove and begin with the interior walls and flooring. I'm thinking that wood grain tile.

Back
Top Bottom