• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting/Fishing Cabin Build

Sure be nice to stretch a hammock on a screened in porch and sleep out there in the summers.....:afro:
I hear ya! When you open all the windows in there its almost like a screened in porch. But putting screens up will interfere with our future zip line QCD system (quick cabin deployment) :bounce:.

I hear ya! When you open all the windows in there its almost like a screened in porch. But putting screens up will interfere with our future zip line QCD system (quick cabin deployment) :bounce:.
Well it can always be added later if you decide.
I've got a 20x24 cabin with full length porch in front and I hate I waited so long to screen it in.
But yeah, QCD is cool. :cool:

Well it can always be added later if you decide.
I've got a 20x24 cabin with full length porch in front and I hate I waited so long to screen it in.
But yeah, QCD is cool. :cool:
Yea easy addition! Thanks for the idea tho... never really thought about it. Bugs can get a little bad in the summers back there, especially with porch lights on.

I liked the layout of the cabin so much that I built Sawdust one.
View attachment 996256

img_0643-jpg.996256

Love it!

Is your father a builder? I always wonder how people learn how to do this much from scratch. I have done some DIY renovations around the house, but don't have close to half the knowledge a project like this would require.

Is your father a builder? I always wonder how people learn how to do this much from scratch. I have done some DIY renovations around the house, but don't have close to half the knowledge a project like this would require.
My grandfather was an engineer and wood working was his hobby. My father picked up a lot from him and also picked up wood working. He has always subscribed to the Fine Homebuilding magazines and is an active member on the Fine Homebuilding forum. He also reads A LOT on the subject!

Back
Top Bottom