• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting in Timber company land

Lol I’m able to bring a “Family member” along. I appreciate all the help! So try the thick bottom near the river? Any places I should stay away from so I do not waste a lot of time?
My long lost brother, is that you! or cousin or uncle or err whatever.

We picked up 750 acres of timber land this year. We got pictures of some huge bucks!! Ours is a couple hundred acres 20 year old pines, then couple hundred acres of 4 year old pines, then couple of hundred acres of 20 year old pines then the top is 2 year old pines. If that makes sense. There is a large creek that runs the entire right hand side of our property. All of the deer we are seeing are coming out of old pines into the cutover areas. We have hunted the hardwood bottoms expecting them to be eating the acorns, but we haven't seen much there. My best advice is to find a transition point with a decent amout of tracks. Set out a few cameras and see what ya get. Deer do different things on different properties. Do the leg work and you will enjoy it even more!!

How do y'all go about getting access to these timber company lands? I know a ton of clubs are run on timber property, but how do you initiate the contact?

We picked up 750 acres of timber land this year. We got pictures of some huge bucks!! Ours is a couple hundred acres 20 year old pines, then couple hundred acres of 4 year old pines, then couple of hundred acres of 20 year old pines then the top is 2 year old pines. If that makes sense. There is a large creek that runs the entire right hand side of our property. All of the deer we are seeing are coming out of old pines into the cutover areas. We have hunted the hardwood bottoms expecting them to be eating the acorns, but we haven't seen much there. My best advice is to find a transition point with a decent amout of tracks. Set out a few cameras and see what ya get. Deer do different things on different properties. Do the leg work and you will enjoy it even more!!
Thank you! Very helpful

Without looking at it it is hard to say, but hunt those pines when it is windy. They are great for stalking, especially when it is wet.

Back
Top Bottom