• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Property Help for a Novice

Id look to the timber companies for a lease. Then build the club with people that you think will work. Better yet, keep it all for yourself. If I were looking for a club, it has to be people of like mind. Do you drink? Do you have family or guests? Do you mind the size buck that’s expected?
Turkey hunt? Community or private stands? Camp power or water? Etc. Alot to think about.

Good luck, as a club president I ALWAYS get members by word of mouth or relatives. I picked up a couple members from GON years ago and I'll never go that route again.
X-2! I have friends, family and coworkers who are like minded in mine. Got one bad apple in a dozen or so years down there.

Timber companies and other investment groups will have available leases come up every year, but the process of obtaining land from each may differ.
The way things are going right now, buying a piece of land might be a good idea.

Hey all!

Hoping someone can help educate me on the best next steps. I have been hunting on and off for about five years now and I'm ready to take the plunge and join a club or something to that effect for the 23 -24 season. I live in Hogansville, Ga but not really sure where to start for finding a solid club. Any pointers or recommendations would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam B.
I use to live in Lagrange and I always hunted the corps land. Whitetail right beside holiday campground is a lightly hunted spot. Tip I found was to come in from the Horace king park side of whitetail. Also try snake creek sign in station. It’s closer to Franklin. And runs up against Edwards road (great road for mud riding). Massive deer on the corps land down there. If your up for rucking in a couple miles ask around and find the apple orchard at the WMA.

Back
Top Bottom