• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting property line legal question

I walked in and hung a stand in the dark, on a buddys land once. I was on his place but i was near the neighbors, which was clearcut. As it got light, I was watching a small six point. The buck was about 30 yds from me. BOOOOM!!. Almost knocked me out of the tree. Low light, dead quiet. After I recovered from shock, I saw the buck was down. Turns out the neighbors had a stand there on the line. I was pretty upset but it was a young kid who was very excited about killing his first buck. I just couldn't even say anything. I was thinking, what if i was creeping in late?. I hate property line hunters, especially when they are facing your property.

I might note that all the "self help" remedies work both ways.

We had a guy build a stand in a tree right on the property line, facing us, he cut some major firing lanes into our planted pines. I took one for the club, and would go sit on a hill side about 40 yards away, making sure to wear all my orange, and it was just me watching him watching me. Never said a word, but apparently he finally got the message.

I have a man that hunts 30 feet off the line adjacent to where I hunt. I have met him and he acted like I didn't have a right to hunt 75 yards from his spot. He hunts the same stand (often walks in with the wind at his back) and blows on his grunt call every time he sees a deer on my side of the creek. I have been as nice as possible but I am going to have a talk with him the first time he scares the deer making that terrible grunt sound (he sounds like a drunk mariachi band)

How do people that don't hunt "their" property line know that others are hunting their property line?

Maybe the simplest thing to do would be get a buddy stand and y'all could sit together and be friends.

Lotta folks that own property like to walk the line from time to time. I repainted the line this year since I heard a logging crew on an adjacent tract. I'm not in the least bit concerned about the stand facing away from my place toward a food plot. The stand directly facing my place on the other hand...

Lotta folks that own property like to walk the line. I repainted the line this year since I heard a logging crew on an adjacent tract.

A lotta folks like to walk and hunt the property line, then bitch about others doing the same thing.:wacko:

Back
Top Bottom