• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting property line legal question

I’d set a stand up looking directly at them or right on the line next to them.

We did that.. Our property was about 10 year old planted pines, and they just cut a shooting lane, trees and all, about 50 yards into the property. Their stand was in a massive oak tree, and their backs were to the tree, not much question about where they were hunting.

I put a chair at the end of the shooting lane, right next to the property line, and wearing all the orange I could, I would sit there watching him watching me. He finally said I was ruining his hunting, and he ought to come down and whip my ass. I responded in kind that those were strong words from a poacher, but if he felt froggy, just hop on over, I bet I could get the sheriff there before he got out of the tree. He claimed to have no idea of who cut the firing lane, didn't know it was there - they had whacked down entire trees, but he hadn't noticed.

Wrist rocket, predator scent(s) mixed with water, small ice trays and I will leave the rest of the details to you. We had someone put a ladder stand right in the middle of the property line we cut. Brother wanted to drop them a deuce in the seat; but we settled on "wetting" the ladder as high as we could from the ground. Must have gotten the hint; because it was moved shortly to another location.

We did that.. Our property was about 10 year old planted pines, and they just cut a shooting lane, trees and all, about 50 yards into the property. Their stand was in a massive oak tree, and their backs were to the tree, not much question about where they were hunting.

I put a chair at the end of the shooting lane, right next to the property line, and wearing all the orange I could, I would sit there watching him watching me. He finally said I was ruining his hunting, and he ought to come down and whip my ass. I responded in kind that those were strong words from a poacher, but if he felt froggy, just hop on over, I bet I could get the sheriff there before he got out of the tree. He claimed to have no idea of who cut the firing lane, didn't know it was there - they had whacked down entire trees, but he hadn't noticed.
I’d imagine that a game warden wouldn’t object to doing a deer decoy sting in an instance like that.

Back
Top Bottom