• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting Question

I even have room for a paperback novel.....

image.jpeg

I can only wish I had a place to hunt where getting lost was a concern. If I did I would gladly make preparations, for now it's just rifle, cellphone, bottle of water.

I always have some sort of safety stuff with me, but I rarely hunt somewhere I don't know.

I can tell you that when I do hunt an unfamiliar area, I take those paper reflectors and stick them to a tree with a push pin and pull them down on the way out. It's easy to get turned around in the woods in the dark, but you can see those things from a long way off.

I have never been lost. I have been turned around and that can get in your head especially on an evening hunt and the darkness sets in. Even an area you know well doesn’t look the same at night.

Yes, I always have the means to survive at minimum over night.

I don't. Been hunting the same property all my life, so I know it like the back of my hand. That being said...I probably should. Never know when you may fall from a stand, get hurt walking, etc and have to spend the night waiting for someone to come rescue me.

I carry a pack with tons of stuff in it. Anything from Tylenol to extra clothing, lighter, food, water, extra ammo, extra flash light, rain poncho, side arm, rope. It's habit and probably my biggest down fall as a good hunter. Georgia is pretty damn hard to get lost in.

Back
Top Bottom